roseacademyacademics

Loving In the Reign of Terror

11 posts in this topic

It is definitely a new era of history for us to study, but it is giving me a springboard of inspiration for our upcoming studies! 

My son is learning about this right now. This is perfect timing for us and we are loving how we can add in some fun with our learning!

1 person likes this

Yes! It is awesome! We had a history memory statement about the Reign of Terror and this was a great expansion on that!

I read Les Mis a few years ago, this year I've read A Tale of Two Cities and The Scarlet Pimpernel so I was familiar with the time period through those books. I loved the dramatization of Henty's book and my boys enjoyed it too!

We enjoy this one so much! I especially like the explanation of the difference between the French Revolution & the War for Independence from England.

This audio definately provides an eye opening way of learning French history, since we Americans tend to skip over too much of world history I feel!!! 

I really enjoyed it, though it was quite intense and emotional. All I really remember about the French Revolution was what I read in The Tale of Two Cities while in high school. And, I have to say, I never read the whole book, couldn't get into it. Still not sure how I passed that English class...

The Scarlet Pimpernel was my ONLY experience with the French Revolution.  I love that I can learn along with the kids in such an exciting way.

In the Reign Of Terror was the first G. A. Henty story I ever read, I only did it because it was the shortest. I always hate it when Henty takes the side of the losers of a war, it's so depressing.