Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amanda H

Google Classroom

5 posts in this topic

Have you ever heard of or used Google Classroom? I read about it online, and it is free for schools, so thinking of setting up our homeschool. I would love to hear what others think of it.

1 person likes this

I haven't heard of this, is it free for homeschool as well? I hope someone else can chime in with more info I'd love to know more!

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Sabrina S said:

I haven't heard of this, is it free for homeschool as well? I hope someone else can chime in with more info I'd love to know more!

So, I jumped...I went to classroom.google.com while logged into my gmail account. They didn't ask for any information about school anything. I set up a "classroom" with my son's name and grade, invited him as a student and away I went! I set up the assignments, he logs in and tells me when he is done. I can even grade him right there. I did today and sent it to him, but transferred it over to my grading/transcript program I use. But it is all right here for me...and I can tell him what to do, yet let him do it on his own...I am liking what I see so far!!

I need to check this out. The last time I had tried, they required an .edu email address. But, if it is truly open, I'd love to see if I can utilize it in our homeschool.

How is it going Amanda?