Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mphavens214@att.net

Thanksgiving Traditions

8 posts in this topic

What is everyone doing for their Thanksgiving traditions?  We are planning a beach brunch this year.....

1 person likes this

On 11/18/2017 at 9:36 AM, mphavens214@att.net said:

What is everyone doing for their Thanksgiving traditions?  We are planning a beach brunch this year.....

That sounds fun. I miss living near a beach. We get together with our family and enjoy one another. No real traditions per say.

We aren't doing much this year, having duck and stuffing and that sort of thing, cleaning the house because grandma is coming the next week.....and maybe getting Christmas stuff out. We usually do a little bit more but I'm not great at Thanksgiving traditions. 

It's kind of low key here this week.  We'll go to my Mom's house on Thursday (she's 90 so we cook and take the food there).  We'll be decorating for Christmas too.

We are breaking our past tradition of an extended family dinner with relatives and staying home this year. Our girls are older and we decided it was time to start a new tradition of the four of us together for dinner at home. someday soon they may be far away - i want to enjoy them while they're still here.

On 11/23/2017 at 9:22 AM, carolemmert14@gmail.com said:

We are breaking our past tradition of an extended family dinner with relatives and staying home this year. Our girls are older and we decided it was time to start a new tradition of the four of us together for dinner at home. someday soon they may be far away - i want to enjoy them while they're still here.

This is what I'd really like to do, but with some of the health issues in a couple family members we still travel to them (and do all the cooking there) so they aren't alone.    I typically fix a full Thanksgiving meal at home on a random day sometime between Thanksgiving and New Years just for the 4 of us.