lissiejo

my daughter

17 posts in this topic

2 weeks ago we spent a week in the hospital with my middle daughter. She was diagnosed with Macrophage activation syndrome which can be very scary, but we are praising God it was caught early and treated quickly. My request is that the Lord would provide an answer as to what triggered this inflamatory disorder. She has been tested for everything imaginable and it all comes back negative. The doctors believe it was either viral, or the beginning onset of an autoimmune disease. The Lord has sustained us and given me such grace accept the danger she was in, but as the days go by with no answers it is getting harder. So pray an answer will be revealed and if that is not the Lord's will that we will be able to have peace about the unknown.

I will be keeping your daughter and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  God only gives us what he knows we can handle.  Please keep us posted.   Kim

Praying for your daughter and your family!  May God's grace comfort you during it all!

1 person likes this

Praying for your daughter and family. My daughter has juvenile idiopathic rheumatology arthritis and we are told to watch for this due to her many health issues.  

Edited by reneeknob@gmail.com
adding info

On 11/29/2017 at 6:28 PM, lissiejo said:

2 weeks ago we spent a week in the hospital with my middle daughter. She was diagnosed with Macrophage activation syndrome which can be very scary, but we are praising God it was caught early and treated quickly. My request is that the Lord would provide an answer as to what triggered this inflamatory disorder. She has been tested for everything imaginable and it all comes back negative. The doctors believe it was either viral, or the beginning onset of an autoimmune disease. The Lord has sustained us and given me such grace accept the danger she was in, but as the days go by with no answers it is getting harder. So pray an answer will be revealed and if that is not the Lord's will that we will be able to have peace about the unknown.

Any updates on your daughter?  I keep thinking about you and your family.  Many prayers being sent.  Kim

Thank you so much! No updates. I'm just trying to rest in the One who brings us peace! She has follow up scans and bloodwork next week, but we won't know anything much until after Christmas.

She really is doing well. You would have no idea she was as sick as she was and I'm finding out she was in more danger than I realized. I think that was God's grace that I didn't know!

1 person likes this

On 12/8/2017 at 8:06 AM, reneeknob@gmail.com said:

Praying for your daughter and family. My daughter has juvenile idiopathic rheumatology arthritis and we are told to watch for this due to her many health issues. 

I'm so sorry! JIA is definitely on the table, but thankfully she isn't exhibiting any of those symptoms. But that is in the back of my mind as a possibility :(

5 hours ago, reneeknob@gmail.com said:

How is your daughter doing. She was in my thoughts last night. Praying for her and your family still.

Thank you so very much. She is doing well. We have follow up blood work and a CT scan on Monday. She’s feeling really anxious about it. We just keep praying together and making a plan for how she can handle it. Hard stuff for a 10 year old. Thank you so much for continuing to pray! 

Thank you for the update.    Sometimes not knowing is worse than knowing.  You will find out what you are dealing with and move forward with faith, family, friends and a positive attitude.  Prayers for your entire family.  Kim

We are still waiting on the CT results, but her blood work from Monday was 100% completely normal!!!! This is an incredible praise! 

2 people like this

More excellent news! Her lymph nodes are significantly less inflamed!!!! We still don't know the trigger, but I'm choosing daily (sometimes minute-ly!) to trust in the Lord's faithfulness. We have one outlying test for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever we are waiting to come back. If that is negative then we don't know and are aware it could be JIA.

1 person likes this

On 12/21/2017 at 7:45 AM, lissiejo said:

More excellent news! Her lymph nodes are significantly less inflamed!!!! We still don't know the trigger, but I'm choosing daily (sometimes minute-ly!) to trust in the Lord's faithfulness. We have one outlying test for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever we are waiting to come back. If that is negative then we don't know and are aware it could be JIA.

Sometimes taking life minute by minute and trusting in God is all we can do.    The tests results are optimistic and that is a blessing.   Keeping your daughter and family in my thoughts and prayers.  

1 person likes this

Thank you for your encouragement! We have one last update... The Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever test was negative. Honestly, we were praying it was positive because it would give us a definitive answer. We will now cautiously watch her for signs of other issues, but not change anything in our lives. This will be hard on me. I am going to have to learn not to assume the worst with every little symptom that is "off". God is good. He is gracious. He is our healer. Most importantly, He is sovereign. And I will choose to rest in these truths!

2 people like this