Crystal Starr

What does your family enjoy doing together?

5 posts in this topic

We have lots of things we enjoy doing together.  Reading books aloud is a favorite, as is listening to audio books and adventures. ;-) We also love martial arts!  That's a surprise one to me.  I just got started myself but now all 6 of us train together.  What does your family enjoy? 

1 person likes this

We play a lot of board games, and do read alouds.   We also go to the YMCA to work out together, and for long walks.

1 person likes this

Three years ago, we started to create a Christmas time play, it first started with just our kids at home for our homeschool, a fun way to bring in the most important reason for celebrating, Jesus! But now, three years later, we have added three more homeschool families and are recreating our own version of the Nutcracker, a 'Christian Nutcracker '! We are utilizing the facilities at our church to put it on for friends and family on December 23rd. It will be about Clara (humanity) receiving a precious gift, the Nutcracker (Jesus), and in her dream, the Snowflake Princess and Sugar Plum (Princess), will represent children of God in different seasons of their walk with the Lord. While Clara sleeps, Jesus reveals Himself to her, in the dream, and through seeing these other daughters of the King walking in the beauty of His love for them, understands her own importance to Jesus and His love for her! I co-directed it with my niece, who use to feel like no one in the family liked the same things as her, but now that we have started this Christmas tradition, she is blossoming in giftings we didn't know we're there. My children, nieces, and our homeschool friends, now have an avenue to develop their God given talents, and have fun doing it! The girls are choreographing the dances together, which has made them learn so much about their giftings, teamwork, and creativity! Even my two sons are enjoying the dancing and acting, it's become such a blessing. I do not yet know where the Lord is taking this, but even with the challenges of getting children, ranging from 5-11, to work well together, it has been fun and exciting to watch. I hope to see if bless our family and friends! :)

Edited by PhilangCBll@protonmail.com
Fix word 'giftings'
1 person likes this

Thank you Crystal! We are having so much fun, I just made my daughter's tulle skirt and snowflake top. My other niece, who is artistic, made her own (for her part as the sugar plum princess), and it was fantastic! She is very gifted in the arts, but she's getting so many benefits through this fun, family production! ? We hope our friends and family will enjoy all the hard work the kids are putting into this play! Ang Cobb