Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daybydayinourworld@gmail.com

Finding new Homeschool community...

8 posts in this topic

We've just landed in the Denver area. I *know* there are homeschoolers, but feel at a loss of how to find them.

Anyone who has moved recently have suggestions of where I should be looking?  I feel like it should be clear as mud, but for the moment I've had to take a full time job which is making my brain a bit mushy.

I'd do a search and see if there is a homeschool support group in the area. Ours does all types of activities, classes, sports, moms-nights-out, playdates etc etc. Also look for a facebook group for homeschoolers in Denver.

Do you have a church family yet? Perhaps someone there has information.

Check out the state homeschooling web site. In Texas, they link to local groups.

Call the Chamber of Commerce or Visitors Center for your town. Maybe they have a list?

Sabrina's suggestions are good too - internet searches and Facebook searches might net you some help.

Reach out to anyone you know in the state who might have a homeschool bent. They should at least know a group or two that have connections in your area. 

Check with your local library (or go there during school hours and you'll probably find a few homeschoolers).   Also, check with the YMCA and 4H.