Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carolemmert14@gmail.com

New skill for mom?

12 posts in this topic

If you, as the mom, could choose any one new skill to learn this year, what would it be?

No time or money constraints, just think and dream, what would you want to learn?

Photography. I know how to use our very expensive camera. (sigh) What I don't know is what makes a good photo. Only after a moment passes do I realize an angle I could have used or a setup which would have worked. I am inspired and frustrated by the gorgeous photos everyone posts online, but can't seem to get my kids to even be in the photo much-less smile. 

One??? I have to choose only one? Nope, can't do it....what I'm hoping to learn this year...

Raising fiber rabbits (waiting for the breeder I plan to purchase from to have kits)

More about raising chickens, especially raising breeding stock of heritage breeds (I already have chickens but I'm sort of winging it!)

Bees-I got bees last year and the queen abandoned the hive and I lost the whole thing. This year my neighbor is giving be two hives when he splits his so I need to learn more int he next couple months so hopefully we have success this year.

Gardening

Quilting

Blogging skills to improve my blog 

Business topics...I'm not sure what yet just something, I have things I'd like to do at some point in the future and need to start figuring things out. 

All of these will start with reading books and resources I already have :)

1 person likes this

I'd like to learn to decorate cakes.    I'm an excellent baker, and make the most amazing homemade frostings, but when I try to decorate it looks like a train wreck.

1 person likes this

Photography. 
I love taking photos, but would love to better my skills. Though a better camera would be so helpful.

1 person likes this

I'm working hard in martial arts.  I'm hoping to have my Brown Belt my Christmas.   I'm improving my piano skills by working with my daughter.  My crochet skills are improving as I'm working on a complicated pattern.  I'm not happy if I'm not moving up!  LOL! 

1 person likes this

I have thought about doing martial arts. My biggest hold up right now is the cost so I guess if cost and time weren't an issue maybe that's what I'd do. I do want to get my instruments out and get back into practice with those.