Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ourthriftyhome03@gmail.com

Homeschool Conventions

5 posts in this topic

Have you attended any homeschool conventions in the past?

Will you be attending any this year?

My husband and I went to one (quite a few years ago, now) and we LOVED it!

We attend CHEA of CA every year; for their leadership conference and to assist through the remainder of the weekend. They are blessing, in many ways. I'm curious to try GHC though.

1 person likes this

I've never been to one.  I would like to go, but arranging childcare for those few days is a major factor.  I don't really feel like I'm missing out, though.

Edited by momsheartblog@gmail.com

I want to attend one so badly.  I think my "obstacle" is the closest bigger convention is MassHope and I'm not a fan of driving in cities, especially unfamiliar cities.  Worcester isn't huge as far as cities, but I get nervous just thinking about it.   The money, the arrangements for the kids (take them?  leave them? - both have their own issues).  I think if I knew I was going and sat down to make the arrangements, it would be easy enough, but the thinking about it for fun...  that's the hard part.  I'd like to attend a GHC, but they are so far away, I'd probably want to drive for two days each way.

I get pretty giddy thinking about the vendor fair and hearing all those speakers.  I'd like to meet Andrew Pudewa and Steve Demme and so many others.  Maybe introduce myself to some of the companies I've reviewed for and love.  Someday I will get to one.

We had one here in VT last year, but I already had plans for the dates.  They don't seem to be planning one for this year, so that's disappointing.

I have been to some small ones, they are fun. It seems like now most don't offer childcare or don't offer anything for the littlest ones (granted right now my littlest won't stay in any nursery anyway). I can never be sure my husband can be home/off work for me to go without kids so I haven't been to any since my third came along 6 years ago.