Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
burkefamily@integrity.com

Christian Rap

8 posts in this topic

What does everyone think of Christian Rap? I've always liked it, not only for the message, but the lyricism is essentially is a poem to a beat, which is kind of interesting if you think about it. Also, no CCM song has ever helped me spiritually, but artists like Lecrae, KB, and Andy Mineo's songs have helped me more than anything else.

1 person likes this

I like them :) but I just have an overall appreciation for various musical styles and creativity in general. I think using our gifts and creativity for God is what we should be doing and love seeing people live that out.

1 person likes this

Yes, I like a vast variety of music forms as well.  However, when it gets to where I can't figure out what the heck they are saying/singing, regardless of style I don't like it.

1 person likes this

Oh, I don't like it if I can't understand it. If it takes a few listens to get the words figured out or if there is a line or two I can't decipher that's ok but if I just flat out can't understand it then no. And I wouldn't listen to rap all the time but I can appreciate the creativity and uniqueness of it when I hear it occasionally. We have a local Christian radio station here that plays all sorts of different stuff, including some indie type stuff so we hear artists we have never heard of. I appreciate the variety and not just hearing the same 10 popular songs over and over. 

My daughter adores Christian music and has just discovered she likes Christian rap. I would much rather her listen to Christian rap than secular rap.... for sure!