Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mphavens214@att.net

Corrections?

6 posts in this topic

Just curious as to how many of you actually correct your students work?  

My corrections usually  happen on a Sunday afternoon for an hour or two, but this takes SOOOO long & its a LOT of work, yet I feel the feedback is necessary......

Do any of you use GRADES???

I check work, except math which they do on the computer and writing at the moment.  We're starting IEW's SWI-A this week to help with writing.  I don't keep an ongoing gpa for the year or anything.  My kids are all elementary.

1 person likes this

I check their class work, and if it's wrong they redo it.   I also grade their tests and then we go over what they missed so they can see where they went wrong.

2 people like this

my son is requesting grades, he likes this since we attend coop & they do grades!  Not sure where to start because I do not do grades, YET!

Math gets done online math, and it grades automatically.  If they don't get a passing grade, I go through it with them and they redo it with new questions the next day.

We are Charlotte Mason homeschoolers, so there isn't much to "correct" otherwise at this point, except maybe in copywork and dictation.  I make them immediately correct spelling, punctuation, etc.

I don't give grades yet.  I'll figure that out when they need it, but they're all elementary ages right now.

1 person likes this