Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amanda H

Our A/C is Broken

8 posts in this topic

While I know this may seem petty, but our A/C is broken. We aren't having too hot or humid of days, but they are warm for sure. The kids and I are ok with the warmer house, but my husband can not do the heat, especially with the medications he is required to take. Our landlord says Thursday morning we will have a new one, but we are supposed to have rain on Thursday. I just pray that my husband can handle this weather and that Thursday we can get the new a/c installed without incident!

A

On 8/8/2017 at 10:28 PM, Amanda H said:

While I know this may seem petty, but our A/C is broken. We aren't having too hot or humid of days, but they are warm for sure. The kids and I are ok with the warmer house, but my husband can not do the heat, especially with the medications he is required to take. Our landlord says Thursday morning we will have a new one, but we are supposed to have rain on Thursday. I just pray that my husband can handle this weather and that Thursday we can get the new a/c installed without incident!

Amanda,

I am hoping the A/C is fixed and that your husband was able to manage.  Heat can be very diffcult to manage especailly when you toss in medications and medical issues.   Please keep us updated.  Sending prayers your way...Kim

So sorry for the late delay! We had it fixed on Thursday, later in the day last week. We were thankful for the cooler weather and extra glad that we got it replaced! Now the dishwasher is out...but I am using this as a time to teach the kids how to handwash! They are not happy and I am! :D

1 person likes this

On 8/19/2017 at 1:00 AM, Amanda H said:

So sorry for the late delay! We had it fixed on Thursday, later in the day last week. We were thankful for the cooler weather and extra glad that we got it replaced! Now the dishwasher is out...but I am using this as a time to teach the kids how to handwash! They are not happy and I am! :D

Excellent life skill for those kids to learn.   My kids hated doing dishes, but I loved to hear them chatter away as they completed them.   I think they enjoyed the time together. 

1 person likes this

I remember always washing dishes growing up and even though I talked bad about it at the time, I look back and loved those times one on one with another family member!

There is nothing petty about prayers for a broken A/C! I live in Houston, and with no A/C, our house can easily get to 96 or higher. I'm so glad you got it fixed in a timely-ish fashion.