Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sabrina S

Simple Tools for Raising Great Kids

7 posts in this topic

Did any of you listen to the interview that was posted at the beginning of the week with Todd Cartmel? It was really great!!! I'm definitely interested in his book. Most of the tips were things I've heard before but they were presented in a great way. I'm also happy to hear Christian parenting advice that stresses the value of relationship and connection- they don't always. Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts or if anyone has read his 8 Tips for Raising Great kids (or any of this other books). 

1 person likes this

This was a great interview!   Going to see if I can get this book at my town library.  Will update when I read this.  Kim

I'm intrigued by this book, but Ill confess that the one I'm most interested in is Respectful Kids...with four teens (well, the twins will be teens in a few months), respect seems to have flown out the window. I am frustrated and feeling like a failure...

I don't even have teens and we struggle with the lack of respect :(. I want to check that one out too!! His website mentions workshops I was hoping those were available on DVD somewhere but I'm not finding them, maybe it was just the topics he offers live workshops on :(.

I agree respect is hard when kids are trying to assert independence. It's a natural progression and they need to be taught boundaries between assertiveness and lack of respect. Hard balance :) but worth it. I lately have taken to calmly pointing out and explaining the difference. If I stay calm things always resolve quickly.