Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carolemmert14@gmail.com

Easter week?

4 posts in this topic

What are you doing for this week leading up to Easter? Is there a particular tradition your family does to prepare your hearts for Easter morning? 

I really want to get more intentional about celebrating Easter but since we have company this week we will probably spend most of next week recovering.  We do resurrection eggs and such on Easter day. I don't have much else planned. I can't put out my decorations because the 3-year-old will tear them up. I will do our cross though (I drape it in a black cloth Friday then Sunday when they wake it is covered in flowers. 

1 person likes this

We have resurrection eggs and we'll color eggs.  Our hens started laying, so I've been collecting the white eggs for that (we only get 1 or 2 white each day).  Many years ago, I was given a white yard sign in the shape of a cross that reads "He is risen."  I'll put that out if the ground has thawed enough.  I usually read some of our Easter stories each night.

I will eat a piece of chocolate and probably check FB on Easter.  LOL  About that, the only thing I've *really* missed about FB has been my "On this day" feed.  I love reading all the stuff the kids do or say that cracks us up.  Or the things my husband does or says that cracks me up!  He is a super funny guy.