Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zekesmom10

Bible Studies

6 posts in this topic

I'm just finishing a study by Max Lucado, Experiencing the Heart of Jesus.  I really enjoyed it and while I completed the daily lessons at home, another co-op mom hosted a weekly gathering at her home for discussion.  I think that was my favorite part.  Getting out, discussing frivolous and deep topics, eating snacks, drinking tea before it got cold.  :P  There were usually 20 moms there.  Some weren't there every week, so I'd guess there were 30 total.  I met a friend at the park and ride and most days we rode together.  I'm hoping we have another study soon, but it looks like the hostess wants to wait until the fall to start a new one.

What are some studies you have participated in and really enjoyed?  Do you get to meet and discuss with other moms?

I'm currently leading an online reading through the Bible group and a book club where we read and discuss Christian books on motherhood/marriage/etc. There is no way I can fit an in person Bible study into my life right now. 

I'm not in any groups right now, but the ladies group at church is getting ready to do Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. I wish I could go, but it just doesn't work out for the day of the week they host it on.

On 3/26/2018 at 4:21 PM, Sabrina S said:

I'm currently leading an online reading through the Bible group and a book club where we read and discuss Christian books on motherhood/marriage/etc. There is no way I can fit an in person Bible study into my life right now. 

I responded to this and a few other posts last week, but I've been having an awful time getting into the forum.  I'm intrigued by what you are doing.  What books are/will you be reading?

On 3/28/2018 at 8:12 PM, carolemmert14@gmail.com said:

I'm not in any groups right now, but the ladies group at church is getting ready to do Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. I wish I could go, but it just doesn't work out for the day of the week they host it on.

I would absolutely love to read that one.  A few ladies in our group kind of pressured the hostess into a new study now and it's Lucado's "Ten Women something something".  I don't love it.  Maybe they won't all be like this, but I feel like rather than learning about the women as they were *in their time/culture* he is trying to get us to think of them in modern times.  (Examples: Sarai/Sarah being on social security, using of a walker, visiting the pediatrician with Isaac, stuff like that.)  I like Lucado, but he wouldn't be an "end-all-be-all" Christian author for me.  I hope the group isn't only considering his works for fall, too.

1 person likes this

Hopefully your group will use a variety of authors. Those changes of perspective are usually just what I need.

2 people like this

On 4/16/2018 at 6:47 PM, Zekesmom10 said:

I responded to this and a few other posts last week, but I've been having an awful time getting into the forum.  I'm intrigued by what you are doing.  What books are/will you be reading?

I've had a hard time with replies disappearing lately so I understand!! We are doing The Life Giving Home by Sally Clarkson monthly (so read one chapter a month and discuss) then we are doing other books every two months, we are just starting Lies Moms Believe by Rebekah Hargraves (the print book was just released along with a Bible Study). Here is the list of books we will be doing although this schedule is subject to change (I'm looking at taking a little longer with Lies Moms Believe so we don't rush through it which will push one of the others to next year). http://kidscrunchandchrist.com/announcing-the-bookclub-invitation-schedule-and-first-book/

1 person likes this