Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjohuffman@verizon.net

Tornadoes...Snow...??

8 posts in this topic

We had tornadoes sweep through our area last night, which is highly unusual for Va, especially this time of the year.  Now we have a freeze warning for tonight as the temperatures have dropped and we actually may get more snow tonight.   This is the most bizarre April I can remember in a long time!

We had snow and ice yesterday, high winds and rain today, and sun and 60s expected in a few days.  I am beyond excited about this forecast.  I hope it sticks.  Last week was calling for good weather over the weekend and my inlaws visited and had to leave a day and a half early.

We had some snow yesterday (IN) but thankfully it did not stick. I know the weather is crazy! One Friday it was 74 and we were wearing shorts and yesterday morning it was 25.

2 hours ago, carolemmert14@gmail.com said:

We had some snow yesterday (IN) but thankfully it did not stick. I know the weather is crazy! One Friday it was 74 and we were wearing shorts and yesterday morning it was 25.

That is how our weather has been. We are in tornado alley but, I think I'd prefer snow over a tornado.

Saturday was in the 70's.   Sunday morning was cooler, then Sunday afternoon/evening we had severe thunderstorms, the tornadoes (we're not in an area that typically gets those) and 3 inches of rain...so then there was flooding. Snow over night.  Monday was very nippy, with a freeze warning for overnight.  Tuesday we had a field trip to the arboretum that had been on schedule since February....it was 37 degrees and snow blowing while we were there....and very little flowers to see as they'd all even withered in the cold or been stunted by the wonky weather.

I ended up having to build a fire in the wood stove last night as it got really cold again.   So far this morning it's just sunny and cool....but that could change really quick these days.