Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mphavens214@att.net

History field trips

9 posts in this topic

Grandma gave us some money for something "fun" and I thought a night or two in a hotel and some sightseeing would be fun.

I suggested historic Philly because we studied the American Rev, but neither of us like driving in cities.  :)  I also am considering Hershey.  We read about Milton last year and it was very interesting.  The Air Force Museum in Ohio is another possibility, though we're leaning toward somewhere we've never been.  I'm open to more ideas.

1 person likes this

We are in Kansas so we really should go see some of the pioneer trail sites and such but Kansas decided to skip spring so we went from cold to hot with no nice outside weather :(. 

1 person likes this

On 5/12/2018 at 1:10 PM, Sabrina S said:

We are in Kansas so we really should go see some of the pioneer trail sites and such but Kansas decided to skip spring so we went from cold to hot with no nice outside weather :(. 

And don't forget missouri is filled with the pioneer wagon trail indentions still!

Yeah but I don't want to go that far, traveling with my kids is really no fun at this stage. I wish it was but it isn't. 

1 person likes this

On 5/15/2018 at 9:10 PM, Sabrina S said:

Yeah but I don't want to go that far, traveling with my kids is really no fun at this stage. I wish it was but it isn't. 

To everything there is a season!

21 hours ago, mphavens214@att.net said:

To everything there is a season!

True! Its a tough season!

1 person likes this

On 5/18/2018 at 6:05 PM, Sabrina S said:

True! Its a tough season!

Yes, Our Costco trip today was a little crazy!  Yet VA has gotten rain/storms all week so outside time has not happened, no fresh air crazier kids!

1 person likes this

We will hit some of the local Civil War battle sites and monuments and hopefully make it to Monticello, Ashlawn and Michey Tavern....hopefully.

1 person likes this