Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reneeknob@gmail.com

Mother's Day

6 posts in this topic

Did everyone have a nice Mother's Day. Ours was quite and restful. I've been getting over a cold so it was nice doing nothing.

Mine was ok.  If was the first since losing Momma in March, and it was all well and good until half way through church the pastor said "No matter how old you are, you'll always need your mom."       But once I got passed that it was good.   The girls got me new flower bulbs for the garden, so I'll be planting again this week.

Sounds like you both had pretty good days overall. Mine was uneventful, we went out for lunch the Sunday before because I don't like fighting the crowds. We missed church because my husband took the kids to a race the night before (the Army gave us free tickets). I stayed home with the baby and had a few hours to myself once he was in bed. I had planned to get some tasks done but ended up just vegging instead. 

On 5/14/2018 at 6:38 PM, tjohuffman@verizon.net said:

Mine was ok.  If was the first since losing Momma in March, and it was all well and good until half way through church the pastor said "No matter how old you are, you'll always need your mom."       But once I got passed that it was good.   The girls got me new flower bulbs for the garden, so I'll be planting again this week.

I still miss my mom after 17 years of her being gone. Last year I lost my best friend on Mother's Day. My heart aches for her 5 children this year.

Oh goodness, I'm sorry you are remembering your lost friend, I know mother's day is past but I said a prayer for her family!