Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sabrina S

Let's Talk Planners

12 posts in this topic

I'd love to know what sort of planners you all use. I currently use the Apologia planner which is great but I'm needing a bit different. My main thing is it has room for all of my "to dos" and a brief spot for the kids OR I could set it up with spots for the kids but squeeze in the personal stuff.....either way isn't working great. I don't do a lot of pre-planning our homeschool lessons but I like to keep track of what we do each day as sort of a running list or journal for each kid. I'm thinking I'm going to end up having to use two planners, one specifically for homeschool and one for everything else. I could pull forms from the Schoolhouse Teachers planners which I have access to already, for frugality that's what I probably SHOULD do. I toyed with the idea of just getting two Apologia planners but that gets a bit pricey.....Anyway, thoughts? What do you use?

I'm using the Ultimate Homeschool Planner (Apologia) for school work.  I like it because it's not pre-dated so I can make it work when I need it to.   For everything else I use the Amy Knapp Family Organize to keep track of appointments, Crew deadlines, birthdays etc.  It's spiral bound and lays flat, fits in my tote and has a place for to-do, menu planning and grocery shopping, and cute little stickers for bdays, parties etc.

1 person likes this

Thanks! I'm currently using the Ultimate Homeschool Planner for everything but I want more space for school stuff. It would work fine for just school and using something else for everything else. I'm trying to go cheap so I think I'm going to try printing my own forms to go in (from a variety of downloads I have). 

I use The Well-Planned Day.  They've made some changes and additions this year and, even though I haven't looked too much at it yet, i think I'm going to like it.

1 person likes this

Thanks! I'll check that one out! I write bit, have a large family AND need extra space lol.

1 person likes this

I still do not know what I will use next year. We tried to use an online planner this year, but sometimes we really need to unplug and so that just isn't working for us... 

1 person likes this

Yeah online planners don't work for me either. Too easy to ignore it and "out of sight out of mind!" I'm still working on mine but I've just printed my own pages.

I tried online, that didn't work at all. I used to love the Hey Mama! planner from the Old Schoolhouse, but they don't have the print version anymore. At least they didn't last year. i did find that my Teacher Manual with My Father's World is really all I need, as it is all laid out decently. But I am tweaking our schedule and routine right now. 

1 person likes this

Last year (for part of the year) I used a large Happy Planner. It worked out decent. I like that I can add any pages that I might need. I will most likely try to use that again this year. 

I can never seem to find a planner that fits my needs, so I end up creating one myself. 

Good luck, ladies!

1 person likes this

I put one together using the flexible 5-star binder. It is working out pretty well.

I've been really thinking about this one.  I love Well-Planned Day (which I mentioned above), but I was mulling over some needs I can't meet well with it.  I just realized, even though it's spiral bound, it is also three hole punched.  Not sure I'd have the courage to do it, but it would be easy to take it apart, put it in a binder and add pages from Schoolhouse Teachers or any other planner you can print or punch.