Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reneeknob@gmail.com

Summer Vacations

5 posts in this topic

Anyone have any big plans for this summer? We aren't going anywhere this summer. Usually, we don't have big plans in the summer.

My son and husband are going to Israel in November so we've been being real tight to make it happen. My husband and I went in 2013. Too pricey for 4 to go at once.

Nope, we aren't going anywhere and I'm glad!! Hubby found out he has 30 vacation days he has to use before the end of September so he is taking some time off a few different times through the summer, which is good because he wasn't going to take much off but he really needs it. We are just staying here and doing house projects during those times. 

We just came back from a week of travel.  We left VT last Sunday and went to the W!ld Center in NY on Monday.  Monday night at my inlaws.  Tuesday drove to OH where we spent Wednesday at the Air Force Museum in Dayton then headed to KY.  Thursday was the Jim Beam Distillery and the KY Railway Museum.  Friday was the Ark Encounter and then a drive to my mother's.  We slept in the car because we arrived at 4:30am.  Spent Saturday around her place and came home Sunday.  I'm so glad he had Monday off after that!  He didn't even look at his computer until we got home, which was great because he is often up 'til all hours dealing with people out of the country.

Like Sabrina, DH had 28 days and June is his anniversary month (20 years!), so he will begin accumulating days even faster.  I'm thinking we might have another trip (besides visiting grandparents) later this summer, but not sure.

1 person likes this

My oldest daughter (15) and I are going to Haiti on a missions trip July 3-11....that's not a vacation, but the biggest thing we've done together EVER!    Other than that, we're playing it low key, going to the pool, roasting marshmallows in the back yard etc.

1 person likes this

The Top Three Best Places in Christian Tourism

Ark Encounter ( Kentucky)

Creation Museum ( Kentucky)

Museum of the Bible ( Washington DC)