Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zekesmom10

Staple Removal... from head

6 posts in this topic

My six year old gave us some excitement last week.  He fell and split his head open.  The pediatrician's "off hours" had closed, we missed the walk in clinic by an hour, so decided it probably was going to need stitches and we basically had no choice but go the the ER.  Once we got there and got a good look, it was a lot deeper than we imagined.  So, he got three staples.  Took it like a trooper.  They were quick and didn't give him a lot of time to think about it.  Removal in 8-10 days.  Well, he conveniently had a check up scheduled for day nine.  So yesterday he got them out.  The worst part for him was that the remover pulled out a couple of hairs.  It was all a pretty neat process and his ped allowed us to keep the staples and the removal tool so he could "show and tell" the co-op families.  It actually was her idea.  LOL

So I'm wondering

1) What crazy things have your kiddos done to injure themselves and if you have boys *and* girls, which is worse for serious injuries?

2) What is the strangest/funniest topic your kids have ever presented to a group?

Edited by Zekesmom10
1 person likes this

We have so far avoided any serious injuries for my 12 and 15 year old. I can't recall my children ever having anything to interesting like that to show to a group.:)

We've never had a serious injury or an ER trip, thankfully!

I have boys and girls, and by far the one that worries me is the youngest, a 3 year old girl.  She's *that kid* when it comes to climbing up and jumping off things she shouldn't be on.

You've both been lucky!  Our ER trips are usually when none of my croup treatments work and the pediatrician sends us over.  My oldest was in there 3 times, but he's 19+ year older than the three at home now.

We've been to the ER for my daughter being sick several times due to her special needs. My son had an ambulance ride to the ER last year for chicken being lodged in his esophagus really deep. He was barely getting air. Other than that we've had no broken bones. Which is surprising with my 12 year old son who is all boy.

Well my now-3-year-old took me on a helicopter ride when he was 18 months. We were at coop and he grabbed a cup on freshly brewed hot tea from the table and spilled it all over himself. And to make it more interesting we were in Germany so we were flown with a paramedic and pilot who spoke very little english to a hospital in Munich (2 hours from home). It was pretty awful. He is the one that takes us to the ER the most. 

I'm not sure about strange  presentation topics....