Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zekesmom10

ECHO, Echo, ech...

8 posts in this topic

Hello, all.  I hope you've gotten scarce because you are enjoying your summer break, if you take one.  VBS season starts here on Monday.  We attend one in June, one in July, and one in August.  I generally compile a list of local VBS dates and times and I'm always surprised how many fall on the same weeks.  We'd attend even more if that wasn't the case.  But this way, we don't hang up school for the summer which is really important with my kids, to have a loose routine even in the summer.

1 person likes this

We also generally have a loose routine in the summer, although this year the entire year has been a mess so now I'm just concentrating on getting things set up to do better in the fall. We haven't done VBS the last two summers, I love it for my kids but driving them to and from town every day is sort of a pain and then my younger ones get upset because they aren't old enough yet. Our church doesn't do one either and I never seem to find out about others until the middle of the week it is happening.

I keep a file in the local homeschool FB group.  I enter as many as I can find, ask others to let me know of any I missed and call/email other churches I've seen hold VBS.  Every May, I start filling it in for that summer.  Thankfully, there are plenty of moms who can fill in more.  There are almost always one or two that slip by me without getting added, though.  I decided this week I'll probably skip the one we usually attend in August. 

1 person likes this

That is quite an organized VBS tracking system :) I'm sure the other moms appreciate your work on it too!

It looks like I can post again after several weeks of it giving me a hard time. I was trying to be here. We are busy with the kids project for 4-H and the fair is next week.

That's a nice way to keep track of VBS in your community to keep the kiddos busy.

My mom's a kindergarten teacher, and she always gets mad when we see back to school sales in june, and back to school catalogues in the mail. It's kind of funny.

Oh that reminds me I need to hit the back to school sales for OCC boxes. Husband has been gone the last week+ and I'm not up for taking all the kids so as soon as he gets back I need to figure out what is on sale and stock up!

*singing and dancing in the aisles*

SCHOOL SUPPLIES!  :x  My preshuses....

2 people like this