Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjohuffman@verizon.net

Co-op Update

4 posts in this topic

I thought I'd update those of you who were so supportive back in my "Co-op Drama, Help" thread.

The family that was causing the issues finally left in April (co-op ended in May).  Once she left, I thought we'd be better, but unfortunately so much damage was done we just had a hard time bouncing back.   My strongest, and most reliable family ended up moving out of stat because of a job transfer.    I ended up shutting the group down for this coming year.   The 2 families who were left (in addition to my family) will continue to get together once a month as a group for a fun day (skating, movie, field trip).

I'm annoyed, because we had a great group, not to mention a free building at our disposal and a pastor who was financially supportive helping us to buy much needed science equipment and such.    At the same time, I'm relieved because this has been SUCH a stressful year on me and the kids.   I'm looking forward to getting back to a regular homeschool schedule for the fall.

The only downside at this point is that I'd bought the curriculum for the classes we had scheduled, so I'm trying to sell what I don't need and then will buy what I do need.

That stinks that you had to shut it down but I think that is pretty common after issues like yours, unfortunately. Just remember God has a better plan :)

Yes, it's a bummer when things don't work out as planned, but like Sabrina said - God always has a plan!  Hopefully you can fall into a new routine that works just as well for your family.  

1 person likes this

I'm sorry it all fell apart.  You really had what seemed like an ideal location and situation.  Have a great (less exciting) year with your family.

1 person likes this