Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waidekaren@gmail.com

Chores, chores, chores.

4 posts in this topic

Curious what sort of chores your children do. My kids are 11, 10, 8, and 6. We have daily and weekly chores, and I am switching things up a bit, so I am looking for some ideas. 

After breakfast the children alternate (weekly) between the following:

Do breakfast dishes, wipe table, wipe bathroom sink, and sweeping kitchen.

After lunch the children all help clear the table, wipe their own spots, and do their dishes. 

Dinner time and after the children alternate (again weekly) between:

assistant cook. wipe table, wipe bathroom sink, and vacuuming. 

Weekly chores alternate between:

Mop kitchen, sweep steps, laundry helper, and clean bathroom. 

With the changes I am making in my schedule, I decided the children can wipe their own spots after breakfast, meaning I need one more chore for the kids to do. 

They should be old enough to empty the trash cans and put in trash bags in the bathrooms. Then have another one take out the big trash bags outside. My daughter gathers all the trash throughout the house and puts it in a big one. My son takes it all out.

My kids clean their own rooms and have one other room assigned to them to keep clean (ages 13, 9 and 7) including vacuuming or sweeping and mopping. My oldest does dishes, my 9 year old takes out trash, and they all help feed and care for animals (chickens, rabbits, dogs, cats, guinea pigs....). 

9, 7, 4, and 17 months. The oldest can cook little things and wash dishes. She can load the dishwasher while my middle daughter is in charge of unloading. My son is a gopher at four and he is encouraged to keep the budding toddler in tow. Oh and the oldest helps with cloth diapers also.