krstanley555@gmail.com

Dates on new stories

34 posts in this topic

It's good to hear an update. It's interesting that the podcast is from October but no one on this forum knew about it until now. They could have done an email update or even just sent out the podcast. It's too bad that Bill lost the Science company and it sounds like most of the funding for G.A. Henty was coming from that. They said they are trying to raise funds but it seems like a shady business practice to keep taking money from the people in the club without delivering product, offering an alternative, or even communicating with the members of the club about it. Their new productions sound great but I don't think I can financially remain in the Club if we never get anything from it and are just being used by them to raise money with the hopeful possibility that they will have enough to produce more audio dramas. I'm worried, however, that if I cancel I will miss out on the new audio dramas despite paying for them.

2 people like this

I, like everyone else on this thread, have many concerns about paying and not getting what I am paying for.  I listened to the podcast, I understand and I sympathize, but I also need to take care of my finances.  Right now, my finances are getting tighter and I need to cancel since I am not getting what I paid for.  However, when I go to the account page to manage my subscription, I get that the page is under construction (has been for over a month now) and I don't see any way to cancel right now either.  Yet, it also kills me to cancel since I have paid for over a year now and won't get what I have been paying for - always the optimist that if I wait just a little longer, it will pay off.  But, in reality, can't afford to keep going.  

I'd like to give grace to Bill also. This podcast was very insightful as to what's going on. I can't give up on them & they need our support and prayers. Julie did contact me when I emailed them about the next releases. It sounds like their staff is quite low & obviously we know communication updates have lacked. I wish they would send this podcast directly to club members! I will patiently wait as the need for Heirloom Audio to be self supportive financially is vital. The podcast fills in the blanks.

2 people like this

So we have gone over a year without any new stories. I think it is time for me to cancel the club. I hope that I can get a refund for the past year since they did not uphold their end of the deal or that I can receive the three new stories that were supposed to be released this past year. I can't believe they kept taking our money all year without giving us any new stories or at least an explanation (apart from the obscure podcast that no one heard until the end of 2019).

On 12/16/2019 at 0:56 PM, abcdemalos@gmail.com said:

Here's what my email said:

Hello,

We are part of the Live the Adventure Club, and I contacted you through that website a  few months ago. I got a very kind response from Julie, I think it was. She helped me as best she could, but didn't have the answer to my question.

So here it is: We have been faithfully been paying our dues to the LTAC, and yes, I understand part of the dues pays for our access to all the material on the website. But it also pays for our new GA Henty adventures. The only one we received this year is FOR THE TEMPLE. We loved it, but are wondering where the rest of our promised adventures are. Part of the dues is to pay for the new adventures that come out. We've paid our dues in full, but haven't received the promised material in full. 

When I signed our family up, the dues were to be charged quarterly, and we'd receive four new adventures annually. Now that count is officially down to three promised adventures annually, and that change was made without officially notifying those of us who signed up under the four per year plan. And as of Dec. 16, 2019, we've only received one new adventure. I don't see that changing in the next fifteen days.

I understand running a ministry can be challenging. I understand you're probably running on a shoestring budget, and producing the top quality stories you create takes time, talent and more money. Personnel changes and natural disasters can slow things up.

But when you say you're going to do something, you need to do it. I signed up for four adventures per year. That was why I signed us up. We love you stories and the values they promote. My boys love the strong characters. For us to be receiving three adventures instead of four, and now  only one so far for 2019 is unacceptable. I understand there may be extenuating circumstances, but it's your job to notify us of that. It really seems as if you're hoping we all just forget for now and keep paying our $24.94 every three months. 

Please let me and the rest of your faithful subscribers know what's going on. It's the least you can do.

Thank you for what  you're doing to strengthen the leaders of tomorrow,

Christina Malo

Have you received any response to this?

Did anyone else in this thread see the post by Julie from Heirloom on January 14? Because it was a new thread, I didn't see it until today. At least there's been an attempt at communication to those of us who use the forum.

I just happened to check in here today because my quarterly membership payment is coming due next week. I came to see if there were any more updates or news from Heirloom and that's when I saw that Julie had indeed posted an apology with a link to the same podcast JD already shared here. I'm torn...should I keep giving $25 every three months to Heirloom in hopes that in some small way, it's helping finance their new productions? Or is it time to cancel my membership and just purchase the new CDs whenever they finally are available? It's sad feeling like we've paid for products we never received, although I do realize the membership website is a part of our member benefits. But personally, I haven't really used the website except for occasionally checking the forum.

I'll be discussing this with my husband soon so we can decide together what we should do.

Anyways, I thought I'd mention in this thread that there's a post from Julie. In case you didn't see it and would like to read it too.

Blessings,

Stephanie

Yes, I am not sure why they don't update us monthly or at least quarterly when they TAKE OuR MONey!!!! The lack of communication is so frustrating when you are taking our money and not delivering on your promise! I have messaged, too, and gotten no response.

We LOVE your audios, but PLEASE TELL US what's going on. I don't know why they didn't send this link to this podcast to all their members?? Thanks JD Sutter. But, I really don't want to listen to an hour about the stories that are supposedly coming out in 2019 (which didn't happen). I don't have time to listen to it all right now. PLEASE SEND AN E-mail to all members. It's just common courtesy. Thank you.

I have been trying to contact them and have submitted multiple requests to cancel my account and refund my money and all of those have gone unanswered. So, I just submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau which says:

I have been a member of Heirloom Audio's Live the Adventure Club for a few years. They charge $24.75 quarterly with the promise of providing their "newest Audio Adventures three times a year." The last audio adventure that I received was called For the Temple which I received December 2018. Heirloom Audio has continued to charge me with the promise of providing more audio adventures. However, it has been more than a year without any new audio adventures. They have charged me on the following dates: 3/18/19, 6/21/19, 9/21/19, and 12/21/19. The Live the Adventure Club website continued to promise that there were 3 new audio adventures coming in 2019 and so I kept waiting and waiting. Once 2019 ended and they had not complied with their end of the deal I contacted them and asked for my account to be canceled and to be refunded for the amount of $99 for the year 2019. After more than a month of them not getting back to me I contacted them again and said that if I did not hear anything back I would file a complaint with the BBB. Now it is time for my renewal again. There is no where on their website to remove my debit card from their file and I expect I will be charged again shortly.

They may not be able to reply due to this pandemic. I’m considering canceling my subscription as well. I did see they made all the stories available through streaming. That is some consolation but still nothing on the three cds from 2019 as far as I have seen.