Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zekesmom10

Eclipse Glasses

6 posts in this topic

I just received an email from Amazon that the seller of the glasses I bought last year hasn't submitted proof that they are certified.  They have all the right things on them, but I have no way of knowing if they are OK to use.  I can't risk the kids' eyes!  I think we'll end up making pinhole cameras.  But, honestly, I remember making and using them in school one time and they were pretty pathetic.

Anyone have tips or suggestions?

Some eye glass places are offering them. I would give some of them a call and ask.  Also if you have a local nature center, science store, planetarium, science museums, and other museums they may have them. If not look at your local news as I'm sure they have been talking about places to get the glasses. At least that has been the case in our neck of the woods.

BE careful I have too many posts lately that these glasses they are passing out are not completely safe......whats a family to do but view it online safely! :)

I don't have any insight, but I'm glad you asked... I've seen the glasses all over the place for ~$2 and never would have considered that they weren't "certified." Definitely interested in what others have to say on this topic. 

Actually I did notice how you can spot the fake glasses....Where it curves behind the ear, the real ones are slimmer and the fake ones are fatter. I bought our from the planetarium.