tfullan

Favorite Children's Books

29 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2017 at 1:13 AM, PhilangCBll@protonmail.com said:

Oh, I kind of forgot to mention my others! Lamplighter Ministries is another favorite! It's located about 2 hours from us and our best friends run the Bindery for their beautiful reprinted books written from the 1600's, 1700's and 1800's. We've visited the Lamplighter Ministries headquarters in May, to get a tour of the production process and it was awesome! So I'm kind of partial, but the reprinted books are amazingly recreated in the fashion of the time with leather pressed bindings, I believe! The whole of the audio studio is inside a handsome looking Church built in 1853! Definitely a place to visit if you ever do some traveling to Upstate New York, a Christian ministry and great people! :)

My inlaws aren't too far from there and we toured the bindery, too.  I may have picked up a few books and recordings.  :)

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Zekesmom10 said:

My inlaws aren't too far from there and we toured the bindery, too.  I may have picked up a few books and recordings.  :)

That's awesome! Then you met our friend who is in charge of the Bindery, Pete, and the wonderful team that works there! We too couldn't help ourselves, got a few audios for the trip back home! Charlie's Choice, made us cry the whole way home! ?

1 person likes this

On 12/4/2017 at 9:54 PM, PhilangCBll@protonmail.com said:

That's awesome! Then you met our friend who is in charge of the Bindery, Pete, and the wonderful team that works there! We too couldn't help ourselves, got a few audios for the trip back home! Charlie's Choice, made us cry the whole way home! ?

Love Charlie's Choice! A fabulous audio drama!

1 person likes this

My boys love Chuck Black, Narnia, Lord of the Rings, GA Henty, Bryan Davis (wrote a few really good dragon series), Laurice E Molinari (wrote Ether series), the Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini, Hardy Boys, and many others