styler

What are your kiddos ages/names? And if you homeschool, how long have you been homeschooling?

34 posts in this topic

I have a 9 year old daughter, Marika- 8 year old son, Maddex- 5 year old son, Saige- and 17 month old son, Aiven! We have been homeschooling now for 5 years :)

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet you are a busy Mom!    My kids are 25 and 28 and  I would seriously consider homeschooling  if they were younger.   How do you organize your school day/time styler?  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9, 5, 5 and 2. We are a combination family -- some homeschooled, some not. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenzie is 17--my first high school senior! 

Lexi is 15 and in grade 10

Alivia is 14 and in grade 9

Caden is 12 and in grade 7

I have three high schoolers this year and one middle schooler. I have homeschooled them all from the time the oldest was in kindergarten. I can't believe we have made it this far by the grace of God! We always just take one year at a time and look where HE has led!

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brittany is 9 and will be starting 4th grade in the fall. 

Dakota is 16 and will be starting 10th grade in the fall. 

I have homeschooled both my kids since kindergarten. My oldest who is 22 was sent to public school and he is now in college. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have four children, ages 16, 14, 12, and 10. Our three oldest are girls and the youngest a son. We have been homeschooling since our oldest daughter was 3. Wow; has time flown!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 12, 2017 at 7:58 AM, kkent said:

I bet you are a busy Mom!    My kids are 25 and 28 and  I would seriously consider homeschooling  if they were younger.   How do you organize your school day/time styler?  

 

9 hours ago, roseacademyacademics@gmail.com said:

Kenzie is 17--my first high school senior! 

Lexi is 15 and in grade 10

Alivia is 14 and in grade 9

Caden is 12 and in grade 7

I have three high schoolers this year and one middle schooler. I have homeschooled them all from the time the oldest was in kindergarten. I can't believe we have made it this far by the grace of God! We always just take one year at a time and look where HE has led!

We hear you... we can't believe how time has flown. God is good.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have 4 kids and have always homeschooled.  Two boys - 10 and 7 ("almost" 8" you know, because it's birthday month!) and two girls - 4 and 2.  The oldest two are officially homeschooled, while the younger two like to tag along or create chaos.  Whatever is more fun at the moment.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, momsheartblog@gmail.com said:

We have 4 kids and have always homeschooled.  Two boys - 10 and 7 ("almost" 8" you know, because it's birthday month!) and two girls - 4 and 2.  The oldest two are officially homeschooled, while the younger two like to tag along or create chaos.  Whatever is more fun at the moment.  

I totally understand the chaos part....my children are grown however I really miss that chaos!   Thank you for stopping in and introducing yourself.  Kim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one child, Andrew, who is sixteen. He has diagnoses of ADHD, Asperger's (high-functioning Autism), and Learning Disabilities. We've been homeschooling since 2008. Therefore, we are entering our ninth year of homeschooling.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My kids are Therese - 16 (tomorrow), Nicholas (14), Mary-Catherine (12), and Michael (12). Therese went to kindergarten at a Catholic classical school. All of my kids went there the next year for one semester and I taught there (the other kids were just preschool, obviously). When the school closed, I began homeschooling, so we are in our 9th year. What I can't wrap my mind around is how fast it is going. In a few months, I will only have teenagers. I need it all to slow down just a little bit!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 4 boys, ages 13, 10, 5, and 1. Only the 5yo has had his birthday this year, so the others will all "graduate" up in the next few months (Sept, Oct, and Nov). We've always homeschooled :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been homeschooling for 11 years now.

I have and 11 year old son who will start 6th grade this year.

My daughter is 14. She is going in 9th grade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My kids are Sydney age 11 (starting 7th grade), Sofia age 7 (starting 3rd grade), David age 5 (starting 1st grade), Daniel age 2 and Dylan age 6 months. We have been homeschooling always, I started looking into it when Sydney was 2. We have been involved in Classical Conversations for 6 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been homeschooling for over 20 years.

My oldest son Michael (age 26) is pursuing a degree as an aerospace engineer at the University of Florida in Orlando.

My oldest daughter Morgan (age 24) loves to travel and take nature and wildlife pictures. She has sold several to large corporations and she is currently living in Utah. 

Amber (age 16) loves to be active. She has hiked in Montana, Canada, and Colorado. She just hiked to the second tallest peak in the US Mt Elbert in CO.

Delaney (age 15) is my writer. She has had a couple of stories published in an online literary magazine and she has several stories in the works at all times. 

Alaina (age 12) is still a kid at heart. She still loves to play and spends a lot of time training her dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 boys: Nathan (almost 14!), Connor (12), and Andrew (10). We've been homeschooling for forever. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We pulled our oldest out of public school when he was in 6th grade. My 9 year old did two weeks of preschool, and was bullied there. For the last four and half years I have been homeschooling a 16 year old boy who will be 17 next month, a 9 year old boy (well on Friday he will be 9), a 6 year old girl and a 2.5 year old girl! My hands are full, but so is my heart!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My boys are Alex (age 24), Ian (age 20), Melvin ( age 16) & Maurice (age 16). They have a variety of special needs. I began homeschooling when Alex left kindergarten, and haven't looked back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been homeschooling 5 years now, and I really cannot believe we have been going this long!  I think the 5 year mark is called a veteran, lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am mom to 8, (4 boys 4 girls ages 11 yrs to 31 yrs) and mom-in-law to 4 and grandma to 11 so far :D We are beginning our 27th year of homeschooling :)  We have graduated the first four from our homeschool, with 4 more to go (halfway there!) Our youngest 4 are 11, 13, 15 and 16. Homeschooling has been our lifestyle for such a long time it's hard to believe we only have a few years left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have six girls (20, 28, 16, 14, 9, 5) and two boys (11, 2). We have homeschooled since the beginning--not the beginning of all time, just the beginning of our children's education. I guess that's 15 years, or 17, or 20, depending on how you count it. We graduated two, and our 18-year-old is about a year away from graduating from college. 

Technically, we are roadschoolers, since we've been on the road full-time for the last five and a half years. We have a Christian music mission, and some of our kids sing with Daddy. It's a blessed life, but not always easy--the best things in life aren't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2017 at 9:55 PM, cbagasao@gmail.com said:

We have six girls (20, 28, 16, 14, 9, 5) and two boys (11, 2). We have homeschooled since the beginning--not the beginning of all time, just the beginning of our children's education. I guess that's 15 years, or 17, or 20, depending on how you count it. We graduated two, and our 18-year-old is about a year away from graduating from college. 

Technically, we are roadschoolers, since we've been on the road full-time for the last five and a half years. We have a Christian music mission, and some of our kids sing with Daddy. It's a blessed life, but not always easy--the best things in life aren't. 

I love the idea of roadschooling! I always wanted to take a full year and travel the continental US for a living History year. I imagined spending one week in each state, doing the northern states from Spring through Fall (New England in October) then the Southern states from Fall to Spring. I know that one week per month would mean minimal studies, but it would still be incredibly cool!

Are there any states that you have enjoyed more than others?

Nanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2017 at 0:19 AM, nancy@homeschoolonpurpose.com said:

I love the idea of roadschooling! I always wanted to take a full year and travel the continental US for a living History year. I imagined spending one week in each state, doing the northern states from Spring through Fall (New England in October) then the Southern states from Fall to Spring. I know that one week per month would mean minimal studies, but it would still be incredibly cool!

Are there any states that you have enjoyed more than others?

Nanc

Yes, it would be incredibly cool! :) 

Our favorite states are definitely the western states--mot of our kids were born there. Utah is gorgeous, as are the highlands of Arizona and Idaho. Colorado, of course, but only the less crowded parts. Montana is a winner, as is western South Dakota. The rest of the country is beautiful as well--each state has its uniqueness. We enjoy trying the local foods--alligator and key lime pie in Florida, for example. This is not an EASY life by any means, but it is definitely a SIMPLE life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now