Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mphavens214@att.net

Virginia Lee Audio?

5 posts in this topic

So I would love to know Heirloom's view on all the controversy happening with the lee statue?  There is debate here in Viriginia about statues in Surry that they are thinking of removing.......or as I was chatting with someone should probably have never been put up in the first place.....thoughts? 

It is really sad that they are removing pieces of history. It was the past and part of history. I think people to forget to look at the positives and grow from that. We weren't alive in that time period we are here and now. It such a controversial topic. 

On 8/26/2017 at 7:30 PM, mphavens214@att.net said:

So I would love to know Heirloom's view on all the controversy happening with the lee statue?  There is debate here in Viriginia about statues in Surry that they are thinking of removing.......or as I was chatting with someone should probably have never been put up in the first place.....thoughts? 

Hi-  Heirloom Audio did a podcast focusing on this issue.  Check it out under Resources--Podcasts--The War Against Monuments, dated August 23,2017.  Let me know if you have any problems finding it.   Kim

If ya want to tear down statues of Lee and Jackson, tear down the Lincoln Memorial, he was one of the worst presidents in history, right up there with FDR.