Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MJP121212

Favorite Subject?

13 posts in this topic

What was your favorite subject in school? What do you prefer teaching? What about your kid(s) ?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, MJP121212 said:

What was your favorite subject in school? What do you prefer teaching? What about your kid(s) ?

Anything science and math and reading!    My children grew up with those same favorites.  We tried to make every activity we did into a learning opportunity and  included some math and science.    As for reading, both my kids needed no push to read.     

My favorite as a child was reading and that's what I enjoy teaching my kids. I make a point every school day to read aloud to them.

My kids despise everything I loved, LA and math.  The way they act, you'd think they hate everything (except one likes science).  I just found out yesterday that one likes history.  Guess I'll be learning all about my least favorite subjects the next few years.

Literature and writing were always my favorite subjects in school.  I love teaching history and literature, combining the two as much as possible.

My favorite in school was math and writing. Guess what? So far the two oldest dread these subjects O.o Instead, they love all things science and history, the two I don't like...

I hated school! The only classes I remember liking were computers (in the 80's) and home ec. Now, my kids and I love history and literature. My 15 year old loves to spell and she is always having me give her hard spelling tests.

As a kid, I really liked spelling in elementary school. As I aged and that subject went away, math was my favorite. 

My 13yo doesn't like school much... he's very stubborn and his own ideas for what he should be able to do with his time. It's a struggle sometimes to get him to not be a punk. But his current favorite (I do make him do school and chores, despite his not wanting to lol) is math. He's in pre-algebra, so it's challenging without being too hard. And he gets to do it on the iPad, which he likes (we're currently using an online program).

My 11yo (it's his birthday today!) loves to read. That's definitely his passion, so his favorite is literature. There have been very few books he hasn't liked over the years. In fact, I can only think of one off the top of my head. 

My 5yo is brand new to school (kindergarten this year), but his favorite so far seems to be math. We'll see how that changes as he gets older. 

?

As a kid, I loved reading/literature, and writing.  

As a homeschool parent, I still love literature, but I also enjoy history (and even science) just because there is so much I don't remember learning.  We use living books, so that feeds my book addiction!  

My 10 and 8 year old boys love science, while my 4 year old girl declares art is her most favorite thing ever.  

When I was in school I loved math. Now I love teaching history and science. I love relearning. Wish I had paid more attention when I was in school. 

My favorite to teach is history. He is a natural at math, and he loves science. I have a minor in history, and I just love making it fun for us both. I have noticed, I keep buying more history stuff than we really need because I love it. Thankfully, he tends to work ahead and goes through it all rather quickly, so it's never wasted. I was curious as to what others prefer since Science is usually the winner around here when I ask. 

I really really liked Anthropolgy.  Reminds me, I should create a course for my kids.  

Edited by Crystal Starr