mfoust

What is your favorite Henty Audio Adventure?

25 posts in this topic

What is your favorite Henty Audio Adventure? Your kid's favorite? 

Mine is Dragon and the Raven ... although my kids like them all! 

Hard question to answer.. I think Beric The Briton or The Cat of Bubastes, or maybe With Lee in Virginia... My Husbands favorite is In Freedom's Cause. He always goes around acting like he is Wiliam Wallace, claiming he is related to him:)

4 people like this

I have to agree---hard to select a favorite.  As soon as a new release hits...then that's my new favorite.  I am glad that you are enjoying the audio adventures.  Can't wait to hear what you think of Captain Bayley's Heir.   I loved it!!!   

You realize that is a hard question to answer! I liked every single one of them so far. If I had to choose I would have to say that Beric the Briton was my favorite. My kids have liked them all as well. I think my daughter's favorite would be The Cat of Bubastes though. She really has a thing for Ancient Egypt and the Pyramids. 

Edited by a49erfangirl@charter.net
1 person likes this

We were recently introduced to Heirloom Audio Productions. Therefore, "In the Reign of Terror" is our first exposure and we have thoroughly enjoyed it. Typically, my son doesn't like World History. He is a huge American History fan and due to his Autism doesn't perceive a reason he needs to learn about any other country. Yet, he was riveted by "In the Reign of Terror!" I'm in the process of purchasing him "With Lee in Virginia" and the "Cat of Bubastes."

2 people like this

6 hours ago, kellywritescbr@gmail.com said:

We were recently introduced to Heirloom Audio Productions. Therefore, "In the Reign of Terror" is our first exposure and we have thoroughly enjoyed it. Typically, my son doesn't like World History. He is a huge American History fan and due to his Autism doesn't perceive a reason he needs to learn about any other country. Yet, he was riveted by "In the Reign of Terror!" I'm in the process of purchasing him "With Lee in Virginia" and the "Cat of Bubastes."

You will love both of those!! We have them all right now and all the kids have a favorite. I don't. I just love that my kids aren't staring at a screen and using their minds to get the pictures of what is happening. And Heirloom Audio makes it just like a TV show without the screen in all of their productions so far!!

1 person likes this

We have only listened to In the Reign of Terror so far. It is terrific and we've listened through several times. Anxiously awaiting Captain Bayley's Heir  and my children are clamoring for The Cat of Bubastes.

Can't pick. Just, can't pick. Although, I'll listen to anything with John Rhys-Davies in it, he was in one of our favorite TV shows off all time, Sliders!

On 8/12/2017 at 8:34 PM, apronstringsotherthings@gmail.com said:

We have only listened to In the Reign of Terror so far. It is terrific and we've listened through several times. Anxiously awaiting Captain Bayley's Heir  and my children are clamoring for The Cat of Bubastes.

The Cat of Bubastes is excellent! It is actually the first Henty story we listened too - way before these productions! We listened to the full length audio book and LOVED it!!!

I like each of them for different reasons....but I have to say the one that we literally listen to over and over has been Beric the Briton, 5 times to be exact.  My Kaden totally enjoyed it!

Every one of them except Lee in Virginia and Freedom's Cause.  Only because I haven't purchased them yet.

We can't decide here. I love In Freedom's Cause, but that could be because it was our first. The Dragon and The Raven is a great one too! 

In Freedom's Cause is my all-time fave, followed closely by Beric and Bubastes. The rest are all fabulous too. Haven't listened to Wulf yet.

Every time a new one comes out we have this discussion in our house.

Arlene says it is too hard to choose just one - that is why she keeps all of them on the shelf in her room to listen to over and over again. :)