Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lcmaynard@gmail.com

New School Year

13 posts in this topic

We just started last week and are trying really hard to get on a good schedule. Enjoying our curriculum so far. We have a new chore system that we are trying to incorporate with our routine, and so far it is going well. 

It's been a hot mess.  And every week, we add new activities, as they start up.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Zekesmom10 said:

It's been a hot mess.  And every week, we add new activities, as they start up.

I think no matter how you school--public, homeschool or private--those first few weeks are always a hot mess!  Been there and done that.   My daughter- in -law is a 2nd. grade teacher at a small christian school and she has a very active busy bunch this year!  

1 person likes this

Finishing our second week today.  This week we added a bit more to our school subjects (only science to add next week).  We also started spending an afternoon each week helping my MIL.  She is moving from her home of 30 years to a new place.  New paint and flooring at the new home in progress so trying to pack and clear clutter as much as possible in her current home (which was feeling full before we started stacking boxes).  At least moving day will be here in just a few short weeks.  It is making it difficult to settle into our routine accomplishing all I had hoped to each week.  We school year-round, so I know it all works out, but I am still feeling behind.

2 people like this

Blah xD I have one kid who is almost done with his "year", and two more who are just starting theirs. None of them want to work on school because they all want to be outside!

Well, we're slowly getting into a routine. I'm getting ready to have total knee replacement this coming Tuesday, so I'm working on things they can do while I'm in the hospital.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:28 PM, Amanda H said:

Blah xD I have one kid who is almost done with his "year", and two more who are just starting theirs. None of them want to work on school because they all want to be outside!

I had four like that during the heat, so I sent them outside with squirt guns and purged the travel trailer. :) Win win! 

On 9/23/2017 at 11:52 AM, lorimoffit@gmail.com said:

Well, we're slowly getting into a routine. I'm getting ready to have total knee replacement this coming Tuesday, so I'm working on things they can do while I'm in the hospital.

You're in my prayers.

On 9/11/2017 at 3:22 PM, lcmaynard@gmail.com said:

How's your new year going???

Oh, fine. We're doing some major adjustments that have been slow in coming, but the same-old same-old has been moving steadily forward. Steadily actually means erratically. Close enough. :)

My older two have started under a cover school for high school. It's strange that I'm not the only on they report to, but they really like it. Plus the school paid for most of their swim team costs and school books! This is a first for us and they really like it!!!

The last week has been crazy hot though! So we did take a "SUN" day :) since we never take "SNOW" days :) and we headed to the beach!!!