Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a49erfangirl@charter.net

Prayers for Biopsy Results

17 posts in this topic

Friday I had a mammogram and was immediately sent to ultrasound. The nurse gave me the results and said there was a 3 cm density that needed a biopsy. I was in the surgeons office on Monday and she said there is no way around this, it had to be biopsied. She did not tell me what the ultra sound said but I saw it for myself. It is highly suggestive of a malignancy. She said that the biopsy results should be in before the end of the week. As of right now I don't know anything. I am prepared for the worst but hoping for the best. I just want to know how to plan things and what the next steps are if any. 

Prayers for peace and comfort and strength would be greatly appreciated. 

On 9/14/2017 at 10:01 AM, a49erfangirl@charter.net said:

Friday I had a mammogram and was immediately sent to ultrasound. The nurse gave me the results and said there was a 3 cm density that needed a biopsy. I was in the surgeons office on Monday and she said there is no way around this, it had to be biopsied. She did not tell me what the ultra sound said but I saw it for myself. It is highly suggestive of a malignancy. She said that the biopsy results should be in before the end of the week. As of right now I don't know anything. I am prepared for the worst but hoping for the best. I just want to know how to plan things and what the next steps are if any. 

Will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.  You are in good hands...stay strong and keep the faith.   All my best--Kim

1 person likes this

Praying. I've been in that situation before and it's hard waiting for results. God is good and we will lift up the situation to our heavenly Father.

2 people like this

I have to have surgery this Friday. The sample results weren't cancer but they did find cells. So there is a chance of cancer nearby. There is also a chance of evasive or precancerous cells. So Friday they will remove the rest of the concerned area and send to pathology. I will probably find out the following Friday the results. From what I got out of the nurse it sounds like after surgery there maybe more. If so I have accepted and ready. The good news is this was caught early. So if there isn't any more after surgery Praise God. I have been trying to keep myself busy and distracted. 

On 9/20/2017 at 1:34 PM, a49erfangirl@charter.net said:

I have to have surgery this Friday. The sample results weren't cancer but they did find cells. So there is a chance of cancer nearby. There is also a chance of evasive or precancerous cells. So Friday they will remove the rest of the concerned area and send to pathology. I will probably find out the following Friday the results. From what I got out of the nurse it sounds like after surgery there maybe more. If so I have accepted and ready. The good news is this was caught early. So if there isn't any more after surgery Praise God. I have been trying to keep myself busy and distracted. 

Prayers for your upcoming surgery today!  

I had the surgery and it went well. The Surgeon thinks that she got everything. Now it's just a matter of waiting on the results from pathology. They can come back as early as Wednesday. If I don't hear anything by Friday I will be calling. I don't see the surgeon again until October 4th. I did sit down with my family doctor yesterday to help me process this some more. It is confirmed from the first biopsy that they did find cancer cells. Whether it fully turned into cancer or not is what we are waiting on. Either way I have accepted it and am ready for the next step. 

On 9/26/2017 at 11:19 AM, a49erfangirl@charter.net said:

I had the surgery and it went well. The Surgeon thinks that she got everything. Now it's just a matter of waiting on the results from pathology. They can come back as early as Wednesday. If I don't hear anything by Friday I will be calling. I don't see the surgeon again until October 4th. I did sit down with my family doctor yesterday to help me process this some more. It is confirmed from the first biopsy that they did find cancer cells. Whether it fully turned into cancer or not is what we are waiting on. Either way I have accepted it and am ready for the next step. 

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.  Stay strong...you are in good hands.  Kim

On 9/14/2017 at 10:01 AM, a49erfangirl@charter.net said:

Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you.   Stay strong and have faith....Kim

1 person likes this

I had my surgery two weeks ago. The surgery went well. I saw my surgeon last week and everything went well. I don't have to see her again. She did recommend I see an Oncologist. My diagnosis is Atypical Hyperplasia. I didn't have any cancer found and I had clear margins. What this means is that I have a 3 - 5 times great risk then a normal person to get breast cancer. They want to put me on a medicine but the side effects are terrible and I can't bring myself to take it. There are other ways to be proactive and well that leads to more questions. I will be seeing an oncologist later today for a 2nd opinion. I was turned off by her saying you don't have cancer yet. So working through the emotions of all this now that I can feel has been hard. I feel like now I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. I should be grateful and happy but I am left with an unnerving feelings. 

1 hour ago, a49erfangirl@charter.net said:

I had my surgery two weeks ago. The surgery went well. I saw my surgeon last week and everything went well. I don't have to see her again. She did recommend I see an Oncologist. My diagnosis is Atypical Hyperplasia. I didn't have any cancer found and I had clear margins. What this means is that I have a 3 - 5 times great risk then a normal person to get breast cancer. They want to put me on a medicine but the side effects are terrible and I can't bring myself to take it. There are other ways to be proactive and well that leads to more questions. I will be seeing an oncologist later today for a 2nd opinion. I was turned off by her saying you don't have cancer yet. So working through the emotions of all this now that I can feel has been hard. I feel like now I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. I should be grateful and happy but I am left with an unnerving feelings. 

Thank you for sharing.  I am a firm believer that faith and a postive attitude are very important medicines.   Research your options and decide what is best for you.    2nd. opinions are great but if you need a third one, go get it.    I have not had to deal with health issue like this .....however, I am supporting you 100%.  You are a stong woman and will overcome this.   Please keep us posted.  Kim

1 person likes this

The 2nd opinion was awesome. He did say that he didn't think about the perspective I had on the progesterone question...he said that was a really good question. He was surprised by how much I did my research. He didn't really say anything different then the first. We did talk about the MRI's a little more and he is sending me for genetic counseling. My first appointment is Monday. Now that I had a chance to feel the emotions of going through this. I still have good and bad days. I am still a little sore here and there when I try to do things. I think once I can get past the when and if the other shoe will drop.....and just live life and enjoy it. I will be ok. I will get there where I won't be so scared of the things I can't control. For the first time in a month I actually feel accomplished. I am going room by room each day, reorganizing and rearranging....yes I do have help with the rearranging...it's not me moving the big stuff. I started with my daughters room. We purged things and rearranged it. Really deep cleaned it. 

1 person likes this

On 10/12/2017 at 7:20 PM, a49erfangirl@charter.net said:

The 2nd opinion was awesome. He did say that he didn't think about the perspective I had on the progesterone question...he said that was a really good question. He was surprised by how much I did my research. He didn't really say anything different then the first. We did talk about the MRI's a little more and he is sending me for genetic counseling. My first appointment is Monday. Now that I had a chance to feel the emotions of going through this. I still have good and bad days. I am still a little sore here and there when I try to do things. I think once I can get past the when and if the other shoe will drop.....and just live life and enjoy it. I will be ok. I will get there where I won't be so scared of the things I can't control. For the first time in a month I actually feel accomplished. I am going room by room each day, reorganizing and rearranging....yes I do have help with the rearranging...it's not me moving the big stuff. I started with my daughters room. We purged things and rearranged it. Really deep cleaned it. 

I can "hear" in your post that you are feeling better. Life sometimes deals us difficult issues....how we handle that problem is so important to our health and well-being.   I have been thinking about you......pease keep us posted.    Faith and prayers, Kim