mfoust

Start here and say hello!

68 posts in this topic

My name is Michael and I work at Heirloom Audio. My kids are 9, 5, 5 and 2. My family lived in the South for a long time and now we live in the Midwest. Although if I could vacation anywhere, it would be in the Northeast or Northwest. And I want to visit California soon. There, I covered every region in the U.S.!

So if you're knew to the Live The Adventure Club, welcome! ... And please introduce yourself!

8 people like this

Hi my name is Stephanie and I am the editor for the Live the Adventure newsletter!  I have 2 children - Ivy just turned 2 years old and Obie is almost 7 months, so never a dull moment in this household!  We almost qualify for a zoo with 2 dogs, 3 chickens, and a cat.  We love to garden, explore God's creation in the great outdoors, and enjoy living less than a mile from the mighty Mississippi River!  

6 people like this

Hi--My name is Kim and I work at Heirloom Audio.  I am married to my wonderful husband Roger and have 2 grown children.  My son Cory is  married to  Beth.  They recently purchased a house and live only 10 minutes away from us!   My daughter Taylor is getting married in September to a terrific young man.   We are busy making wedding plans.   Taylor and Dan just purchased a house and are only 60 minutes away.  (Love having my kids close by.)   In my spare time, I love to work in my gardens, quilt, paint, hike and cook.  My husband and I also have a yellow lab and a goat.   (Yes...a goat named Billie.)    

5 people like this

Hello :)

My name is Jennifer and our family lives in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.  We have two children 11 year old(boy) & 9 year old (girl). We live on the family farm and have been home schooling right along. We've recently discovered that my daughter has a mild case of dyslexia. With that information, I had been researching audio books.  I am completely blown away by the resources shared here. We will be focusing on the Middles Ages in history this year and we just purchased the audio In Freedom's Cause. So excited!!  We love history, the outdoors and sports such as baseball, swimming ...and of course, our family members include cats and our black lab Annabelle!

6 people like this

5 hours ago, farm07life@gmail.com said:

Hello :)

My name is Jennifer and our family lives in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.  We have two children 11 year old(boy) & 9 year old (girl). We live on the family farm and have been home schooling right along. We've recently discovered that my daughter has a mild case of dyslexia. With that information, I had been researching audio books.  I am completely blown away by the resources shared here. We will be focusing on the Middles Ages in history this year and we just purchased the audio In Freedom's Cause. So excited!!  We love history, the outdoors and sports such as baseball, swimming ...and of course, our family members include cats and our black lab Annabelle!

Jennifer, Welcome to the club and to the forum! We're excited you're here! If you have any questions or tips, please speak up!

Hello, My name is Bei Liu. I have one kid and one young adult. We live in New York state. We bought all 8 audio adventures and they love them! I have to admit that on my first visit of the club website, I was hooked up! I am very excited about all the educational information, history, kid activities and so on. Growing up in a different culture, I felt that I need to read all these historical stories the most! Thank you for such a wonderful website!

7 people like this

31 minutes ago, liupei@yahoo.com said:

Hello, My name is Bei Liu. I have one kid and one young adult. We live in New York state. We bought all 8 audio adventures and they love them! I have to admit that on my first visit of the club website, I was hooked up! I am very excited about all the educational information, history, kid activities and so on. Growing up in a different culture, I felt that I need to read all these historical stories the most! Thank you for such a wonderful website!

Welcome to the club Bei!  I am so glad you introduced yourself.   I look forward to great conversations and learning more about your culture.    Learning is such a great thing....

Hi! My name is Linda and I have 4 kids that I homeschool. Just getting started looking into this community. The adventure club looks fantastic!

8 people like this

1 hour ago, roseacademyacademics@gmail.com said:

Hi! My name is Linda and I have 4 kids that I homeschool. Just getting started looking into this community. The adventure club looks fantastic!

Welcome Linda!   We are glad that you have joined our community.  Looking forward to forming new friendships and sharing new ideas.    Kim

2 people like this

Hey! I am Amanda. I have four kids that we homeschool, 16yo boy, 9 yo boy, 6 yo girl and 2 yo girl. We luve in East Central Minnesota and are actually enjoying some of the nice weather!

8 people like this

My name is Margaret and I am a bibliophile just recently discovered G.A. Henty as my students start to get older and ready for his adventures. I grew up an avid listener to audio drama's such as Adventures in Odyssey so I am delighted to be able to continue such entertainment with my children. I have four children, two actively in school including ages 8 (today!), 6 (in two weeks!), 3 (as of two weeks ago!), and two months old. So far I have one bookworm and another two working on their phonics. I'm a book review blogger with a cross stitching addiction. Everywhere I'm CherryBlossomMJ or Creative Madness Mama. 

7 people like this

Hi! I'm Wendy, and I have 4 sons: 13, 10, 5, and 20 months. We live in the Pacific NW. The oldest two are homeschooled and have never been to public school. The 5yo starts (homeschool) Kindergarten this fall. My 13yo is the main listener of Heirloom Audio dramas in our house - he's an auditory learner, and really loves these CDs!

6 people like this

Hello! My name is Cassandra Zimmerman and I am the daughter of Chris and Jen Zimmerman. We live in beautiful Washington State. I am a homeschool graduate of 2016 and I have 3 siblings, 16, 6, and 5mo. We have homeschooled since I was in 5th grade and have not regretted it! My whole family loves these stories! We have even read some of the books! We love G.A. Henty!

6 people like this

Hello all!

We're so excited to be part of this new online community. We're new to both Henty and Live the Adventure Club, and are incredibly excited about everything we're finding here. 

This should be fun!

Cristina

3 people like this

Hello, there!

I'm a homeschool mama to four kids, ages 8, 11, 13, and 17. We live in Maryland. All my kids love these adventures! 

-Susan

2 people like this

Hi! My name is Karen. I am a homeschool mom of 4 children as well (like Susan above me). My children are 10, 9, 7, and 5. We live in rural Pennsylvania. I had never heard of G.A. Henty before the first audio adventure, Under Drake's Flag came out. We have since listened to all of the releases and love them all. I do think Under Drake's Flag is still my favorite though. We look forward to each new release. 

2 people like this

Hi, I'm Brittney.  I'm a homeschool mom of four kids (two boys, two girls) that are 10, "almost" 8, 4 and 2.  We live in rural West Virginia, and we've really enjoyed the audio adventures!

2 people like this

16 hours ago, Amanda H said:

Hey! I am Amanda. I have four kids that we homeschool, 16yo boy, 9 yo boy, 6 yo girl and 2 yo girl. We luve in East Central Minnesota and are actually enjoying some of the nice weather!

Hi Amanda,  Minnesota is a beautiful state...glad to hear you are having some nice weather.   Thank you for stopping in!   Kim

11 hours ago, CherryBlossomMJ said:

My name is Margaret and I am a bibliophile just recently discovered G.A. Henty as my students start to get older and ready for his adventures. I grew up an avid listener to audio drama's such as Adventures in Odyssey so I am delighted to be able to continue such entertainment with my children. I have four children, two actively in school including ages 8 (today!), 6 (in two weeks!), 3 (as of two weeks ago!), and two months old. So far I have one bookworm and another two working on their phonics. I'm a book review blogger with a cross stitching addiction. Everywhere I'm CherryBlossomMJ or Creative Madness Mama. 

Hi Margaret, Welcome to our Community and Forum.   We are glad you stopped by--looking forward to great conversations and ideas!   Maybe a cross stitch topic!  Kim

11 hours ago, wmr1601@icloud.com said:

Hi! I'm Wendy, and I have 4 sons: 13, 10, 5, and 20 months. We live in the Pacific NW. The oldest two are homeschooled and have never been to public school. The 5yo starts (homeschool) Kindergarten this fall. My 13yo is the main listener of Heirloom Audio dramas in our house - he's an auditory learner, and really loves these CDs!

Hi Wendy,  Thank you for stopping in to the Forum.   Please feel free to send us any helpful tips.    Kim

10 hours ago, cassie@wczimmerman.dyndns.org said:

Hello! My name is Cassandra Zimmerman and I am the daughter of Chris and Jen Zimmerman. We live in beautiful Washington State. I am a homeschool graduate of 2016 and I have 3 siblings, 16, 6, and 5mo. We have homeschooled since I was in 5th grade and have not regretted it! My whole family loves these stories! We have even read some of the books! We love G.A. Henty!

Hi Cassandra,  We have talked many times!  So glad you introduced your self. Looking forward to learning more about about Henty friends!   Kim

9 hours ago, Cristina@ahomeschoolmom.com said:

Hello all!

We're so excited to be part of this new online community. We're new to both Henty and Live the Adventure Club, and are incredibly excited about everything we're finding here. 

This should be fun!

Cristina

Cristina,  I agree with you...this forum is going to be great!   Thank you for stopping by.   Kim

1 person likes this

Hi, I'm Kelly and I'm the mother of a child with special needs who is sixteen. My son, my parents, and I live in South Central Pennsylvania among the rolling hills and green cornfields. I am a homeschool mom and we are entering our ninth year. My son enjoys listening to the Heirloom Audio dramas and I'm thankful to be a member of this new community. I look forward to getting to know you all better!

2 people like this

21 hours ago, Amanda H said:

I didn't realize your oldest was the same age as mine! Glad to see you here. Love the profile pic! :x

Susan, Karen, and Brittney - It is nice to see all of you here as well. Karen- I've read your blog posts before but it never clicked before I read your post here today that you are a Pennsylvanian as well. :) 

1 person likes this