mfoust

Start here and say hello!

73 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm Laura and I live in Houston. I homeschool my four - 16 (tomorrow!), 14, 12, and 12 (girl, boy, girl, boy). Twins like yours, Michael! (Well, I don't know if yours are b/g). I actually started reading G.A. Henty when I got my first Kindle (too long ago to remember - I'm an early adopter when it comes to technology!) because he's in the public domain and I used to not like to pay for ebooks (how I remember those days fondly!). Now I'm just utterly fascinated by my apparent need to punctuate every sentence with an exclamation mark because I'm not really that overly enthusiastic in real life...hmmm...in any case, it's great to get to know all of you! xD

1 person likes this

Hello, My name is Renee. I live in a small town 30 minutes outside of Wichita, Kansas. I'm originally from North Carolina and I lived in Colorado the majority of my life. I have 2 kids and 11 son and a 14 year old daughter.

I'm Laura. My husband Stephen and I have 4 boys ages 7, 13, 16, and 19 (all with birthdays coming up!)

We began homeschooling when my eldest was entering 4th grade. Prior to that, he attended our church school. 

We currently call Alaska home, but are relocating to Colorado.  (movers are packing us out this week, but the boys and I will be 'camping' in the house for a while until it is sold.)

I heard about GA Henty from other moms in a Christian homeschool group in Delaware when we lived out that way. But, my eldest wasn't sure he'd like these 'old' books. Heirloom Audio Productions has introduced the stories to our family and my younger boys love them.

2 people like this

Hi my name is Lisa and I am a huge fan of Heirloom Audio Productions!!! All of my kids love them and it's a huge deal when we get a new one in the mail! Seriously my kids go absolutely crazy when they hear of a new one! I am excited to be here on this discussion forum!!!

Hi! I'm Sabrina. I'm an army wife and homeschool mom of five. We currently live in Kansas, we are originally from Texas (if you can say originally my husband and I were both military kids!). We have also lived in Germany (twice and most recently), Georgia, Virginia, and New York. My kids are ages 11, 7, 5, 2, and 6 months and we use Classical Conversatios. We have really enjoyed the audio we tried out recently and look forward to digging into all of the extra content here as well as more audios!! 

Hi, I'm Lisa. We homeschool in the great state of NE. We have 5 children ages 26, 24, 16, 15, & 12. I am originally from southern IN & my husband is from southern CA. We were both in the Air Force and we met in Japan. 

Hi! I'm Toni and I live with my husband and 3 boys in southwest Oklahoma. We are a homeschooling family and LOVE Heirloom Audio!

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, daybydayinourworld@gmail.com said:

I'm Laura. My husband Stephen and I have 4 boys ages 7, 13, 16, and 19 (all with birthdays coming up!)

We began homeschooling when my eldest was entering 4th grade. Prior to that, he attended our church school. 

We currently call Alaska home, but are relocating to Colorado.  (movers are packing us out this week, but the boys and I will be 'camping' in the house for a while until it is sold.)

I heard about GA Henty from other moms in a Christian homeschool group in Delaware when we lived out that way. But, my eldest wasn't sure he'd like these 'old' books. Heirloom Audio Productions has introduced the stories to our family and my younger boys love them.

Laura - I hope your move is going well. Praying that everyone has an easy transition, dear one.

1 person likes this

Hello everyone, Brandy here!

My children absolutely adore the Heirloom Audio Adventures. It's a little like Christmas when they get a new one to listen to! 

I'm happy to be a part of this community. 

On 8/1/2017 at 9:16 AM, kkent4820@gmail.com said:

Hi Amanda,  Minnesota is a beautiful state...glad to hear you are having some nice weather.   Thank you for stopping in!   Kim

Kim, this year has been great! I am not going to complain at all! All four seasons, but not too drastic! :-)

Hi Everyone! I'm Missy. It's great to see everyone! I'm from good ol' WV, in the heart of Appalachia. 

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:19 AM, kkent4820@gmail.com said:

Hi Margaret, Welcome to our Community and Forum.   We are glad you stopped by--looking forward to great conversations and ideas!   Maybe a cross stitch topic!  Kim

Thanks Wendy! I could talk cross stitch all. day. long. LOL 

I'm Lori, and I live in Rio Rancho NM with my husband, 4 son's & dog Shiloh. Our boys are homeschooled, mostly with a relaxed, Eclectic approach.

On 7/25/2017 at 8:34 AM, farm07life@gmail.com said:

Hello :)

My name is Jennifer and our family lives in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.  We have two children 11 year old(boy) & 9 year old (girl). We live on the family farm and have been home schooling right along. We've recently discovered that my daughter has a mild case of dyslexia. With that information, I had been researching audio books.  I am completely blown away by the resources shared here. We will be focusing on the Middles Ages in history this year and we just purchased the audio In Freedom's Cause. So excited!!  We love history, the outdoors and sports such as baseball, swimming ...and of course, our family members include cats and our black lab Annabelle!

WE are in VA too, near newport news :)

We are a family of 10 touring the USA full-time in our travel trailer for our Christian music mission (StephenBautistaMusic.com and TheTravelBags.com).

Our kids are 20, 18, 16, 14, 11, 9, 5, 2, and all of them are or have been homeschooled/roadschoolers exclusively. Our oldest two graduated roadschool high school, and our second daughter is almost a college senior.

We're big fans of Heirloom Audio, and love to listen to the Henty productions on our drives.

It was fun to meet all of you! (Oh, my name is Christy.)

Hello! Our family first discovered G.A.Henty 20 some years ago and we've been collecting his books ever since.

First I began adding beautiful reprints to our home library (yes, we homeschool) and then I began scouring antique stores and book sales for early editions. Henty's novels were the perfect thing when our oldest son was at the pre-teen age. It was so exciting to find quality literature that challenged his mind and strengthened his character. We have 4 sons and 4 daughters, and all have their favorite Henty novels.

We have thoroughly enjoyed the audio drama of In the Reign of Terror this summer and now to begin building our audio library too! The Cat of Bubastes is at the top of the list.

1 person likes this

I have four children, all punks.  In fact, there are only THREE girls out of 18 kiddos in my extended family.  We live in VT and my boys don't get to see the cousins often.

I use Heirloom for a lot of our history curriculum.  It's more fun than a text book and I always have interesting things to send to our homestudy office at the end of the year.  Like when we drew Alfred's jewel and wrote a bit about it.  I counted it for art, history, lit, and language arts.  :)  I love doing that.  I'm excited to be here and to see how this community grows.

1 person likes this

I'm thrilled to be here....My name is Sheila! :)  I have 3 kiddos Skylar who is 23, Mahala who is 17 and my 10 year old is Kaden.  Fast facts about my Fam and I: We live in Northern CA, homeschool, travel a lot by RV, grow our own herbs and veggies, dream of living on a farm, make all our own soap and cleaning products, paint, read, eat like it's a Holiday and this Mamma probably drinks way too much coffee. :)

Hi there! I'm a homeschooling mom to three girls ages 12, 10, and almost 8. We are living in the south and my husband is the pastor of a church in the Christian and Missionary Alliance. I chronicle our homeschooling journey on my blog, Grace-Filled Homeschooling. http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com/

Hello!

I'm Crystal!  I have four kiddos I homeschool ages 3- just about 12.  Two boys and then two girls.  I live in CT.  Great to be here! 

47 minutes ago, crystal@crystal-starr.com said:

Hello!

I'm Crystal!  I have four kiddos I homeschool ages 3- just about 12.  Two boys and then two girls.  I live in CT.  Great to be here! 

Hi Crystal...Welcome to the LIve The Adventure Club family!  I am really enjoying the community posts--great way to learn new things.   Kim 

My name is Diana. I have three "kiddo"s - ages 30, 28 and 17. I've been hooked on Henty for over a decade. I really enjoy the audio dramas, and in our family the second biggest fan is actually my 28 year old daughter! She can't wait for me to finish listening and pass it along to her, so I like to have the adventures on CD.

We live in Maryland. I've been home schooling since 1992 and am almost finished! #3 graduates in May.

I am Stacie. I am from the Midwest too! Wisconsin to be exact. This crazy warm weather this week! I am ready for the fall temps to stick. The leaves are already changing :) Not at peek yet. I homeschool two of my children girl ages 9 and son age 16. My oldest son is 22 and in college. I would love to visit the North East Coast! 

On 9/19/2017 at 1:59 PM, dmalament2@gmail.com said:

My name is Diana. I have three "kiddo"s - ages 30, 28 and 17. I've been hooked on Henty for over a decade. I really enjoy the audio dramas, and in our family the second biggest fan is actually my 28 year old daughter! She can't wait for me to finish listening and pass it along to her, so I like to have the adventures on CD.

We live in Maryland. I've been home schooling since 1992 and am almost finished! #3 graduates in May.

Hi Diana, welcome!  We are happy to have you here!  You touched upon one of the reasons we love Henty... his stories are great for all ages!