mfoust

Start here and say hello!

73 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, a49erfangirl@charter.net said:

I am Stacie. I am from the Midwest too! Wisconsin to be exact. This crazy warm weather this week! I am ready for the fall temps to stick. The leaves are already changing :) Not at peek yet. I homeschool two of my children girl ages 9 and son age 16. My oldest son is 22 and in college. I would love to visit the North East Coast! 

Hi Stacie, welcome welcome!  Oh, Midwest weather.... you just never know what the next day will bring.  We are experiencing the same thing down here - very hot, dry weather.  I'll take it as I know it won't be long and the days will be cold and dark!  

Hello! My name is Carol and I've been homeschooling forever...or it sometimes feels that way-LOL! Our daughters are 19 (college Freshman) and 17 (high school Senior.) We live just outside of Indianapolis and love field trips and other hands-on learning. We really enjoy history. If anyone is coming to town, let us know and we'll try to take you to Conner Prairie to learn about Indiana history (April-October.)

12 hours ago, carolemmert14@gmail.com said:

Hello! My name is Carol and I've been homeschooling forever...or it sometimes feels that way-LOL! Our daughters are 19 (college Freshman) and 17 (high school Senior.) We live just outside of Indianapolis and love field trips and other hands-on learning. We really enjoy history. If anyone is coming to town, let us know and we'll try to take you to Conner Prairie to learn about Indiana history (April-October.)

Welcome Carol!   We look forward to gleaning from all your years in the homeschooling trenches!

Hi! We love these audio dramas! 

My husband have two almost grown daughters, one is a homeschool graduate and one is a senior this year, and also a 13 year old son. We live on our family farm in rural Louisiana. 

On 9/25/2017 at 7:44 AM, sbenson said:

Welcome Carol!   We look forward to gleaning from all your years in the homeschooling trenches!

Lots of prayer!

On 9/24/2017 at 6:51 PM, carolemmert14@gmail.com said:

Welcome Carol!!     

Hello All!

I am JD Sutter and I currently reside in Phoenix, AZ. A homeschool graduate nearly 20 years ago. I'm a huge audio drama fan and think that Heirloom is producing some of the highest-quality content in this medium in the world right now.

I founded and run Porchlight Family Media, and it's our mission to both create and curate info about family friendly content in various mediums. Right now we're focusing primarily on audio drama, books, and classic poetry.

Glad to be a part of this community and connect with other audio drama lovers.

2 people like this

On 11/18/2017 at 1:13 PM, JD Sutter said:

Hello All!

I am JD Sutter and I currently reside in Phoenix, AZ. A homeschool graduate nearly 20 years ago. I'm a huge audio drama fan and think that Heirloom is producing some of the highest-quality content in this medium in the world right now.

I founded and run Porchlight Family Media, and it's our mission to both create and curate info about family friendly content in various mediums. Right now we're focusing primarily on audio drama, books, and classic poetry.

Glad to be a part of this community and connect with other audio drama lovers.

Welcome to the Community!    Glad to have you.    Kim

2 minutes ago, kkent said:

Welcome to the Community!    Glad to have you.    Kim

Thanks, Kim!

Welcome to all of the new people!! Looks like we have gained people with some great experience and expertise to add to our community!!

Hello everyone! We have been listening to G.A. Henty audio's for over a year now, have all the audio's, except "Wulf the Saxon" and probably will need to buy a new set of each because they are the only thing our four children fall asleep to every night! Sometimes we have competing G.A. Henry audio's playing in both our children's rooms! I get a little bit of "Beric the Briton", with some stimulating lines from "Dragon and the Raven", but whatever the mix, it's very enjoyable! :) We are a homeschool family(but really what I've come to understand, more like lifeschoolers, a new term I've learned), four years in and now enjoying it more than I ever did, thank you Lord! Our crew is Faith (9), Elisha (8), Samuel (6) and Hope (5), living in the beautiful snow belt of Upstate New York, not far from Lake Ontario, but just far enough to get a pleasant supply of snow all winter! ;-) It is a blessing that this Audio company has grown and prospered in such an amazing, God ordained way! I'm glad to be a part of this community and pray the Lord does some even more amazing wonders through it! 

Blessings in the Lord to you all, Angela and Phillip Cobb

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, PhilangCBll@protonmail.com said:

Hello everyone! We have been listening to G.A. Henty audio's for over a year now, have all the audio's, except "Wulf the Saxon" and probably will need to buy a new set of each because they are the only thing our four children fall asleep to every night! Sometimes we have competing G.A. Henry audio's playing in both our children's rooms! I get a little bit of "Beric the Briton", with some stimulating lines from "Dragon and the Raven", but whatever the mix, it's very enjoyable! :) We are a homeschool family(but really what I've come to understand, more like lifeschoolers, a new term I've learned), four years in and now enjoying it more than I ever did, thank you Lord! Our crew is Faith (9), Elisha (8), Samuel (6) and Hope (5), living in the beautiful snow belt of Upstate New York, not far from Lake Ontario, but just far enough to get a pleasant supply of snow all winter! ;-) It is a blessing that this Audio company has grown and prospered in such an amazing, God ordained way! I'm glad to be a part of this community and pray the Lord does some even more amazing wonders through it! 

Blessings in the Lord to you all, Angela and Phillip Cobb

Welcome Angela, Phillip, Faith, Elisha,Samuel and Hope!   We are thrilled to have you in the "Heirloom Family".   Kim 

1 person likes this

On 9/22/2017 at 6:10 AM, sbenson said:

Hi Stacie, welcome welcome!  Oh, Midwest weather.... you just never know what the next day will bring.  We are experiencing the same thing down here - very hot, dry weather.  I'll take it as I know it won't be long and the days will be cold and dark!  

On 9/22/2017 at 6:10 AM, sbenson said:

We are from Wisconsin too! Did you get snow this weekend.

My name is Robin and I have 7 children, 6 of whom are boys, ages 12, 11,9,7,5,3,1. We have a small urban farm in Arizona with goats, chickens, ducks, horses, and Livestock protection dogs. We have been homeschooling since day 1. I am a bookaholic and my children are as well. I read chapter books to them every night. I had heard about GA Henty from other sources and so picked up a couple to read to the kids. I read aloud the whole book Cowboys and Indians  which the boys absolutely loved. We have also listened to many of the stories on CD read by Jim Weiss. They love them all and wish someone would make movies of them! We enjoy audio dramas and can appreciate these.

Hi Robin! Wow your farm sounds great, I'm working toward that. I currently only have chickens, hoping to get rabbits soon. I'd love sheep, goats, and maybe pigs. I toy with the idea of a milk cow but not sure I'm up for that!! It will probably be a while before I get the larger animals!

My name is Daniel, I'm 14 years old. I've read all the G. A. Henty books, and was excited when I heard that it would be turned into an Adventure's in Odessey type of audio adventure. I have two brothers, my mom is a kindergarten teacher.

1 person likes this

Hello! My name is Lieya, and I am and aspiring actress and filmmaker. I am a homeschool graduate and am now studying film and drama with Tomorrows Filmmakers, and online christian collage. I have followed Heirloom Audio since day one and am so excited to be part of the Club! 

We are the Bielecki family, Kevin and Brie, Tim 13, Zeke 11, Micah 9, Josiah 7, Daniel 5 and Caleb 3.  We are full time homeschooling missionaries in the heart of the Navajo Nation, where we serve at Immanuel Mission.  Kevin is the bus mechanic, preaches once monthly, and we manage the large guest house for supporting teams or anyone who is traveling by and needs a place to stay!  We LOVE audio books and adventures, we have to drive almost 2 hours just to grocery shop, so these make the ride with rowdy boys so much more enjoyable!

100_3540.JPG

Six boys!  How wonderful.  We have four.  Welcome to Heirloom Audio and Live the Adventure club.  :)