Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toni

Started Listening to Captain Bailey's Heir

5 posts in this topic

We listened to the first cd of Captain Bailey's Heir and we are enjoying it so much! My boys love the adventures and I love learning a bit about the history of the time. How do you all use the study guides? I find it hard to pause after each track because the story is so good!

Hi Toni! So glad to hear you're enjoying Captain Bayley's Heir! I've heard many of listeners say they listen through the entire adventure first before diving into the educational aspects of the study guide. Then, on subsequent listens, they tackle the questions/vocab of the study guide. That way, your children can have an overall grasp of the story, the timeline, etc. before all of the "frequent stops" begin. :D 

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Aaron Fullan said:

Hi Toni! So glad to hear you're enjoying Captain Bayley's Heir! I've heard many of listeners say they listen through the entire adventure first before diving into the educational aspects of the study guide. Then, on subsequent listens, they tackle the questions/vocab of the study guide. That way, your children can have an overall grasp of the story, the timeline, etc. before all of the "frequent stops" begin. :D 

This is what we do. 

I'm just using the study guide as a launching pad for discussions not as an actual study so we just look at the questions and I pick some I think they would like to discuss and we talk about the answers. I don't know if that is quite what you are looking for if you are wanting to do more of an in-depth study but thought I'd present a relaxed perspective :).

We love to listen first. After we have listened, I make the older kids use the study guide if we want to credit it for school, otherwise I use it to ask questions as we listen. The kids will verbally answer.