sbenson

Worldview Curriculum

15 posts in this topic

Is there any specific books or resources being used to help articulate/teach/defend a Biblical worldview?

Lee Strobel and J Warner Wallace have great books for teens and adults.  Many of them have a version for a younger audience, too, if you want to add younger kids with olders.  I haven't used them with the kids yet, but I've read a couple of the adult books and seen some of Strobel's videos.  I plan to start in the new year with Cold Case Christianity for Kids.  There is a website with things that go along with it.

1 person likes this

We are using Worldviews in Conflict from Master Books with our high school senior this year. It is really in-depth. If you are looking for something for mid-grades, you might look at Paul E. Little's books: Know What You Believe and Know Why You Believe. You could also look at the resources from Answers In Genesis on this page:https://answersingenesis.org/store/topics-themed/defending-faith/ We have read and appreciated many of them, especially the answers books for teens.

Apologia has a world-view study I'm doing with my 7th grade daughter this year. It's called "Who is God" and so far we really like it! I also very much like everything from Master Books. All that they produced is geared towards guiding kids to having a biblical worldview they decide for themselves.

Oh my goodness what a blessing this post is!  I was just going to google this topic.  You all might have saved me a step or two. 

On 10/11/2017 at 8:46 PM, lissiejo said:

Apologia has a world-view study I'm doing with my 7th grade daughter this year. It's called "Who is God" and so far we really like it! I also very much like everything from Master Books. All that they produced is geared towards guiding kids to having a biblical worldview they decide for themselves.

I want to do this series in order, but I did get to review the 4th book and the student journals.  I am mad about it!  There was even a lot of modern history covered.  I think it was World War 2.  It's been a couple years and I don't remember specifics, but I just picked up Who is God? text and the coloring book for the youngest from a friend and just need to get the older two the notebooking journals.

We have - and use, the Apologia curriculum.  I really, really, really enjoy it - especially utilizing the audio.  We've gone through it once for my older girls.  I want to wait another year or so before starting again.  My youngest is not quite ready for it.  My teens have discussions and suggested reading with their Dad.  He is much more equipped than me for most of those discussions.  I can give an account for myself, but guiding them, with or without a curriculum, I feel so inadequate.

Wow, thanks for all the great info about the Apologia worldview course! We discuss everything all the time, so I never thought about a formal worldview course. Our second daughter took a worldview course for college and found it interesting. She also found she was more than prepared for it due to our open conversations about everything. Some of our kids are less conversational than she is, though, so maybe a formal course would encourage them to open up. Thanks everyone!