Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waidekaren@gmail.com

Favorite Place to Listen to the Adventures?

16 posts in this topic

I was just wondering where everyone's favorite place to listen to Heirloom Audio Adventures is. We love to listen to the CDs in the van on long trips (meaning 2 hour trips to visit my mom or to the Bills games). Our other time we listen to them would be when we have rest time on Sunday afternoons. We use these times as review times though, after listening in the van. 

1 person likes this

We listen a lot as we go to and from wherever.  We even listen with rides as short as 10-15 minutes often times.  Other favorite times are just rainy or snowy afternoons cuddled up on the couch. The kids will draw and I will crochet.  These are some of our favorite memories.  The kids will listen on their own while building legos, drawing, or even just resting in bed with headphones. 

I like to have a new one for long trips.  It's about 9 hours to all the grandparents.  We listen to them all the time after that first one.  This summer, I took n the Reign of Terror when it was new and then we listened to all of them that we own (there's two I don't have) all over again.  The boys seem to focus on the story better in the car.

Definitely in the car. Long trips are preferable but it takes us close to 30 minutes to get into town and wherever we are going so we generally have time to listen to a good bit whenever we go anywhere! 

On 9/27/2017 at 7:07 AM, Crystal Starr said:

We listen a lot as we go to and from wherever.  We even listen with rides as short as 10-15 minutes often times.  Other favorite times are just rainy or snowy afternoons cuddled up on the couch. The kids will draw and I will crochet.  These are some of our favorite memories.  The kids will listen on their own while building legos, drawing, or even just resting in bed with headphones. 

We should try the cuddled up idea. I like it

On 9/30/2017 at 9:14 AM, mommiejennblogs@gmail.com said:

Just like you, Karen, in the van on long trips-- these make trips go by much faster. 

Very true that it makes the trips go faster. 

On 10/5/2017 at 8:17 PM, Zekesmom10 said:

I like to have a new one for long trips.  It's about 9 hours to all the grandparents.  We listen to them all the time after that first one.  This summer, I took n the Reign of Terror when it was new and then we listened to all of them that we own (there's two I don't have) all over again.  The boys seem to focus on the story better in the car.

It has definitely been my experience that they listen and focus better. My only problem, I admit, is that I will fall asleep, as I tend to do that on long drives.

On 10/6/2017 at 6:46 PM, Sabrina S said:

Definitely in the car. Long trips are preferable but it takes us close to 30 minutes to get into town and wherever we are going so we generally have time to listen to a good bit whenever we go anywhere! 

I understand all about taking a while to get to where you are going. The only reason we prefer the longer trips where we can listen to it non-stop is so we don't forget what we were up to. But, we have listened in shorter times before

We've listened to them in multiple places. Long car rides, in the house while playing, individually on their tablets, etc. My kiddos absolutely love these audio books. 

We got through the first CD of Wulf the Saxon int he car the other day, and now I want to go drive someplace just so we can finish listening to it. I know we could have brought it inside, but our habit has been to listen the first time through in the car together - that way no one spoils the fun of the story for anyone else. :)

On 1/27/2018 at 7:51 PM, carolemmert14@gmail.com said:

We got through the first CD of Wulf the Saxon int he car the other day, and now I want to go drive someplace just so we can finish listening to it. I know we could have brought it inside, but our habit has been to listen the first time through in the car together - that way no one spoils the fun of the story for anyone else. :)

We have to do this too.  And if I somehow manage to not have all the boys with me at once, I have to refuse to play it.  They don't care if someone misses some of it.

While I'm eating lunch. It makes it interesting because now, different sandwiches remind me of different adventures. For example, a fried egg sandwich with bacon, melted cheese, fried bread, fried lunch meat and a big glass of milk reminds me of With Lee in Virginia.