Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kkent

Garden Abundance

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever frozen sweetcorn still on the cob?  If so I would you please share the process....Thanks!  

1 person likes this

Yes we have and it turns out wonderful! Strip off a few of the tough outside layers so that you have a several skins still on. Cut the tops and bottoms (leave a bit of silk and stem) put in freezer bag and that is it.  I can fit 3-5 ears per gallon bag. Just check for worms in the silk area :)

2 people like this

4 hours ago, farm07life@gmail.com said:

Yes we have and it turns out wonderful! Strip off a few of the tough outside layers so that you have a several skins still on. Cut the tops and bottoms (leave a bit of silk and stem) put in freezer bag and that is it.  I can fit 3-5 ears per gallon bag. Just check for worms in the silk area :)

Thank you!    Our sweet corn is in abundnace and while I like to cut off and freeze some....your way will save me some time!    

I peel each of the corn cobs and take the stringy things off. Then I wrap each one in wax paper and then I wrap again in Aluminum foil and freeze mine. We eat a lot of corn through the year and it seem to stay in the freezer longer. You probably could freeze them in those sealing bags for the freezer. I can't think of what they are called. If your asking about how to take it off the cob and freeze it. I have never done that. 

1 person likes this

We haven't been able to get a successful garden here (assuming too much shade) but alas, a mama can dream!