Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mphavens214@att.net

How early do you all start listening to XMAS Music?

17 posts in this topic

Thought this would be fun to poll people on......

I am starting the christmas music listening starting Oct.31st this year, usually I wait until November, but my Michael Buble and Josh Groban are calling me to listen to them :)

Anyone else a xmas music early bird? :D9_9

1 person likes this

I'm the area coordinator for Operation Christmas Child in our area, National Collection Week is the week before thanksgiving week so that is when I break out the Christmas music and what we view as our official Christmas Season Kickoff! I decorate the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. 

2 people like this

I love the fall so I hate doing Christmas to early....however I do carry a CD of Christmas favorites in my car and pop that in when I need a lift.  My daughter in law will start now watching any Christmas show on the Hallmark Channel.  She loves the Christmas season!    

We listen once in a while throughout the year, but not steady, a song or two.  The local station usually starts on Thanksgiving playing 24/7 Christmas.  One year they started on November 1!  That's too early for 24/7 Christmas.  We like Christmas to last into January - a week or two.  So we get a bit of a later start at home.  We know so many people who start Christmas early and are done by the New Year.  It's dreary here in VT, so I want to keep it through more winter.  This year, I think I'll start listening a bit earlier, though.  I was on the Slugs & Bugs kickstarter and they're supposed to be out in a few weeks.  As soon as I have that, we'll have Christmas and a bunch of new scripture songs to get stuck in our heads.

My tradition was after my birthday on Dec 7th. After I got married and had kids, I negotiated to the day after Thanksgiving...not one day sooner!

1 person likes this

I prefer waiting until Thanksgiving. Used to have a "rule" where we couldn't sing Christmas songs until Thanksgiving. Songs like Jingle Bells could be sung if there was snow. That rule seems to have flown out the window.

In early November. We put the tree up then too. I get a lot of flack for that, but really, I don't care. It's our family tradition and it works for us! My husband is a pastor so the holidays become so busy and hectic if we don't begin some of the traditions early then everything is so rushed and crazy.

1 person likes this

On 9/27/2017 at 4:39 AM, mphavens214@att.net said:

Thought this would be fun to poll people on......

I am starting the christmas music listening starting Oct.31st this year, usually I wait until November, but my Michael Buble and Josh Groban are calling me to listen to them :)

Anyone else a xmas music early bird? :D9_9

If you love the music why not play it early and often!  :D

1 person likes this

Um...we don't really stop. Ahem. But it has already come on full force when the weather cooled a couple weeks ago.

My husband and daughter have a Nashville-produced Christmas CD, and they perform a couple songs from that year-round. Now they are prepping for Christmas concerts, so I get to hear Christmas music all the time. ALL THE TIME!

2 people like this

46 minutes ago, cbagasao@gmail.com said:

Um...we don't really stop. Ahem. But it has already come on full force when the weather cooled a couple weeks ago.

My husband and daughter have a Nashville-produced Christmas CD, and they perform a couple songs from that year-round. Now they are prepping for Christmas concerts, so I get to hear Christmas music all the time. ALL THE TIME!

ohhh, thats so fun!!!

2 hours ago, cbagasao@gmail.com said:

Would you mind sharing the name of the CD?   Thank you! Kim