Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mphavens214@att.net

Biggest Homeschool Challenge

7 posts in this topic

My biggest homeschool challenge is time, NOT EVER having enough to get what needs to be done.  I have no idea how public school kids do it being gone so much and then activities, when would you actually see your kid?  Because last night I realized even though I am with my kids all day its hard to just SEE them without a scheduled homeschool anything.......

I agree that having down time is the hardest time now with my kids. I miss the days of just staying home and having nothing to do!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, reneeknob@gmail.com said:

I agree that having down time is the hardest time now with my kids. I miss the days of just staying home and having nothing to do!

Staying home and having nothing to do is a luxury!

I've got to say, this year I've just CHILLED way out!  I'm not sure exactly what has come over me.  We are on the go more than we were but we are loving that.  When we have at home days we now just work for a certain amount of time and what is done is done.  I guess it's more of the loop schedule idea that everyone talks about these days.  We work through our list and when we've worked long enough we stop no matter if we did 2 things or 20.  It's making for a lot more room for conversation, creativity, and actually enjoying the process.  I love it.  I hope I never change it.  

My biggest challenge at the moment is returning to normal. Our world was turned upside down this last month and I am finishing up the final appointments. We started our first week of school off great but then it went down hill as we haven't been able to get back to normal. I am hoping that this week we can get back to normal. Other than that my biggest challenge is my son. He doesn't like school and always give me some sort of attitude so it has been difficult. I normally get him done first and then do my daughter. My daughter is so much fun to homeschool. No matter how much I try to think outside the box with my son he spoils it. 

My biggest challenge has been separating my time between the children. Having 3 of them who need me to help them has been tough on me, not to mention the toddler and daddy still recovering from surgery.