13 posts in this topic

I am a retired U.S. Marine Gunnery Sergent and my wife is a Filipina who is not outside employed.  I, Dustin, met my wife after I had retired and was planning a move back to the U.S., from Japan; we met online, as I was learning about photography and posting my pictures for all to scrutinize.  In short, neither of us were seeking a companion when we "found" each other.  God had plans for us, and we were learning what they were.

What impressed me the most about Judi was her fearless profession of faith and devotion to God, and her desire to serve.  Since our meeting online, and in person, our relationship has grown, both with each other and with our creator.  The only challenges that we face with each other is that my wife is SDA (Seventh Day Adventist) and I am OPC (Orthodox Presbyterian Church); these are minor differences in our eyes, because we have agreed to make both worship services as we can.  As we continue to grow in our faith, we will continue to grow together.

With this said, I must also say that, as with all Christians, we have a history; because of this history, we have been having a slow and difficult time getting my wife and step-son into the U.S.  She has an illegitimate charge of marriage fraud against her, which results in a lifetime ban from immigration to the U.S.  I say illegitimate because the visa request that caused the charge was recanted, which means it cannot be legally used against her, or the decision.  We are now nearing her interview with the embassy, for a decision on our Spouse Immigration VISA request, and request prayer for her understanding of questions asked, honesty of answers given, and that the authorities recognize that this is a true request and approve our request.

If it is not God's will to allow the previous request, include in your prayer that we will be guided by His spirit to where we may go next.  I am not against moving to the Philiipines, Japan, or any other place that will allow us to live as a family and, more importantly, worship God, who died for our sins and lives.

Thank you.

3 people like this

Dustin and Judi,

Thanks for posting this prayer request. We are praying for your situation -- and praying for wisdom, too! Please keep us updated when possible. 

Michael 

1 person likes this

Thank you,

I just returned from an almost two week vacation with them in Japan. On my return trip, I emailed my lawyer for an update. I will try to post updates regularly. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. 

Very Respectfully,

Dustin

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Dustin & Judi said:

Thank you,

I just returned from an almost two week vacation with them in Japan. On my return trip, I emailed my lawyer for an update. I will try to post updates regularly. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. 

Very Respectfully,

Dustin

Thank you for keeping us updated Dustin and Judi.  Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.    

Thank you all again,

I'm finishing a move, into our new house and the internet isn't connected yet, and cell service is poor, so I have to depend on my Phone and hope it doesn't time out. Things should be at a new normal in a couple weeks, but this isn't why I'm posting...

A couple nights ago, just before I was going to go to bed, an email came in from the NVC (National Visa Center).  As I began reading it, my wife called to say she got the same email, so we read it together. It stated that the interview was scheduled and included a list of things that were needed to be collected or completed.  The appointment is on 9 Oct @ 7:10PM (PST).

I was very excited and Judy was scared, she worried about getting everything together and being interviewed. I assured her that the lawyers would help and ensure she was prepared; this was confirmed by an email sent by the law office, the next morning. 

We are not done, but I wanted to thank you again for your prayers. As things progress I will continue to try to post updates. God has been most gracious to us and I am thankful for the fellowship of the saints. 

Very Respectfully,

Dustin

On 9/2/2017 at 6:50 PM, Dustin & Judi said:

Thank you all again,

I'm finishing a move, into our new house and the internet isn't connected yet, and cell service is poor, so I have to depend on my Phone and hope it doesn't time out. Things should be at a new normal in a couple weeks, but this isn't why I'm posting...

A couple nights ago, just before I was going to go to bed, an email came in from the NVC (National Visa Center).  As I began reading it, my wife called to say she got the same email, so we read it together. It stated that the interview was scheduled and included a list of things that were needed to be collected or completed.  The appointment is on 9 Oct @ 7:10PM (PST).

I was very excited and Judy was scared, she worried about getting everything together and being interviewed. I assured her that the lawyers would help and ensure she was prepared; this was confirmed by an email sent by the law office, the next morning. 

We are not done, but I wanted to thank you again for your prayers. As things progress I will continue to try to post updates. God has been most gracious to us and I am thankful for the fellowship of the saints. 

Very Respectfully,

Dustin

Dustin and Judi.....progress and one step closer.   I am sure Judi will do fine in the interview.   Will keep saying my prayers that this is resolved and you can focus on being a family!  Thank you for the update.   

What an inspiring story the two of you have. Thank you for continuing to update. I will be praying for between now and the 9th, and especially that evening.