Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amanda H

Homeschool Curriculum

9 posts in this topic

How do you tell yourself that it is ok to get rid of curriculum that your 10 grader is using because it will be awhile before the 3rd, 1st or toddler will need them O.o I am Amanda Hopkins and I am a curriculum junkie...there I said it!

6 hours ago, Amanda H said:

How do you tell yourself that it is ok to get rid of curriculum that your 10 grader is using because it will be awhile before the 3rd, 1st or toddler will need them O.o I am Amanda Hopkins and I am a curriculum junkie...there I said it!

I bet we have a lot of "junkies" out there.....my quilting stash....scrapbooking materials....art supllies and the list could go on and on and on!      Thanks for sharing ladies!!!

1 person likes this

WHAT??? Get rid of curriculum???? No way! LOL I only get rid of curriculum I HATE (and that is rare-Saxon math....writing road to reading...buh bye!! Otherwise no lol).  I was thinking if I don't have anymore kids how much stuff I could start to get rid of, until I'm sure no more are coming I'll continue being a pack rat!! I did get rid of all my baby girl clothes a couple years ago since my youngest girl is 8......still not sure that was a good idea lol.

1 hour ago, kkent said:

I bet we have a lot of "junkies" out there.....my quilting stash....scrapbooking materials....art supllies and the list could go on and on and on!      Thanks for sharing ladies!!!

Yep all of those things....and yarn......all the yarn!

1 person likes this

What?  No.

On the one hand, my kids are fairly evenly spaced, so we cycle back through to each stage quickly...but on the other hand, my youngest is 2, so it feels like I'll be hanging on to stuff forever. 

I remember packing up a ton of toddler and preschool stuff when my youngest was four, only to discover a month or so after it was gone that I was expecting again.  Now he's 5, I'm 50 and I feel like it's time again, but I'm a little gun shy.  xD

1 person likes this

Think of it as a way to buy something you could really use for your school with the money. I hold onto things also but, since we moved into a smaller house without a lot of storage I had to rethink my curriculum junkie habit. I'm trying to save up for a computer for my 6th grade son so we don't have so much fighting for the computer during school time.

1 person likes this

Think of it this way: by the time the younger ones get up to 10th grade, there will be shiny new curriculum to try out. Sell now, buy new stuff later!

1 person likes this