Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
manicmom75@gmail.com

Senior Year!!

12 posts in this topic

This is my Daughters Senior Year and I'm planning a few fun extra things for her during the year to make it special.  Looking for some ideas Friends...Please share!!!

I would ask her and see what she would want to do. I think a roadschooling adventure trip would be fun.

2 people like this

Collect words of wisdom from family and friends.

1 person likes this

On 10/14/2017 at 9:38 PM, manicmom75@gmail.com said:

This is my Daughters Senior Year and I'm planning a few fun extra things for her during the year to make it special.  Looking for some ideas Friends...Please share!!!

I am going to expand on Toni's great idea of having family and friends write about your daughter.  Maybe they could do a short or long "I remember" story.  You could then add photos and have it made into a bound book for her.   I know there are several online options for this service.  I think even the offcie supply stores could do this as well.    Enjoy this year!  Kim

1 person likes this

Another thing I plan to do their senior year will be to have a quilt made for them out of the t-shirts for all their dance performances, sports teams etc...it'll be a graduation gift that covers their childhood from end to end.

On 11/25/2017 at 11:46 AM, tjohuffman@verizon.net said:

Another thing I plan to do their senior year will be to have a quilt made for them out of the t-shirts for all their dance performances, sports teams etc...it'll be a graduation gift that covers their childhood from end to end.

I did this for my daughter and she loves this quilt!   Great idea-Kim

Whether or not you do a big graduation ceremony, I would definitely suggest a nice diploma and an open-house that she can plan, or have you plan if that's her choice. We ordered only about 40 graduation announcements for our daughter last year, even though we have a huge extended family, and she has lots of friends. The main thing was that she got to have a party, and invite her friends. That was what she most wanted. We invited family members as well, but most of them came early and left early, allowing her more time with her friends. Afterwards her aunt and uncle offered to take us all out for dinner (with their kids too) and she picked pizza.